G260 vs alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only reason not to use pliers is cosmetics.
I gave up on cosmetics helping my looks a long time ago. :cool:

Swapped the hoses out with minimal bunging up of the funky hose fitting. They probably charge $50 a pop or more for these things. Free to a loving home if you pay for shipping. Drop me a message anyone that is interested and back to your previously scheduled program.

So why did Scubapro install a ridiculous hose on my new second stages?
I removed the heavy thing from a G260 after a few dives, now sits in spare parts box never to see the light of day again.
The OPs question: G269 vs alternatives.
My alternatives are G250 [and a S600 to make up numbers] as I can buy parts here, easy.
I love them, almost as much as my (fleet of) G250s. Yes, I am clearly brand biased in this.
Ditto.

Edit: Typos.​

This isn’t directly related to the thread but, hey it’s Scubaboard, where tangents are often the most interesting part of the thread.

So why did Scubapro install a ridiculous hose on my new second stages? It looks like it requires a special tool to remove. Does it work better? (Doubtful) Is it there to make sure you have to take it to your LDS to remove? (Probably) Is there a compelling reason I shouldn’t just take a pair of pliers and get it off that way? Thanks for you input!

No reason at all.

Could get one of these:

I got a single tank full set of the XT1/XT4s. I define that as 2 1st stages (primary and save a dive spare) and 3 2nd stages (primary and identical backup and save a dive spare). The 5 regs plus a set of hoses for a long hose configuration cost me about $1200 last Black Friday. Seems to work great so far. The only annoyance so far is a vibration sound in the seconds when breathing on the boat. As soon as I get in the water it's quiet. I've played with the adjustment knob with no change. Any thoughts?

Plus this and a piece of thin leather.
IMG_20230731_114059.jpg

No reason at all.

Could get one of these:

I started 3D printing a few of these tools. Designed the M25 tool myself, downloaded a shared design for the spline wrench tool. Both work great.

Spline wrench and Mk25 assembly tool:

Spline and M25 assm tool.jpg

Back
Top Bottom