G250V - unusual tuning problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a good strong magnifying glass in the house, and when looking at the edge of the orifice, there is a very very slight nick in it in one location. So I removed the orifice from the other G250V and checked that, it looks perfect. So I've swapped the orifice over to the good one. Will re-assemble and see if that makes any difference. So, the re-assembled G250V will have the original never removed/fiddled with in any way lever, swapped orifice, and original spring. Will test and report back....

Sometimes that’s just how it is. With no micro adj. on the other side like a g260 you don’t have many options. Assuming all you parts are correct and not damaged I’d just tune it as stiff as you can with no lever rattle with the orifice. You may have to de-tune it some with the knob to get it where you want it.

...oops, did not see your post #23.

I know, I'll ask the monkey found on this mornings dive:

10FA9008-3E1C-4B42-96BC-4EF6BA08DB37.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom