G250V - unusual tuning problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you turn in the orifice to just stop any leak how’s the lever height?

Ok, results of my testing yesterday (with the good orifice). When I re-installed the orifice, i screwed it all the way in (without any poppet installed in the air barrel), and then backed it out about 1 1/2 turns to set the initial position (probably ever so slightly over 1 1/2 turns). When assembled and ready to test, I opened the valve on the tank, and it leaked, so then turned the orifice in slowly until it stopped leaking, then a 12 o-click to 1 o-click turn slightly more.

The lever height at this setting is fine, no rattle.

However, the cracking effort is still way way too light. (Note - using the original spring. I'll re-do this test using one of the new springs, but if past experience is the same, it won't make any difference. But I will re-try).

2nd point, to get the desired cracking effort (1 - 1.1 inch of water), it required me to turn the inhalation adjustment knob in a bit over 3/4 of a turn. It felt like a lot of 'turn' to get the cracking effort right. With the inhalation adjustment knob backed all the way out against the circlip (position for tuning), it feels like it's around 0.6 inches of water.

Changing the orifice over did make the breathing feel smoother. (The G250v it came out of always was nice and super smooth).

You just need a spring shim.
Send me a PM (conversation).
I tried a make shift shim in my G250, cracks at 1.1 ip 136 and feels good. Lever height is perfect.

Rob if possible can you please include your spring shims in the pending order I have?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom