G250 parts question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, awap. The land is 0.500" and the center core is 0.240", so a 0.23" washer ID should seal well against the core.
McMaster-Carr 90130A29
The only problem I see is that it's only 0.093" thick, and I measured my QD seal at .104" thick. When I've used a rubber faucet washer as a replacement in the past, I would always have to sand it down thin enough to allow the QD to click-lock, and they were still tight. Conversely, if our McMaster-Carr substitute is too thin, the QD may be sloppy.

Once again, they're on their way (this time I remembered to press "Order"). I've got a dozen Scubapro BCD hoses to redo, so we'll know shortly. But if they work, I'll never need 100 (min package size). Same offer as before: PM me an address and I'll mail a bunch of 'em to you.

But somebody else needs to keep the spreadsheet. :confused:

Rob

Scubapro Quick-disconnect washer

Well, the McMaster washers arrived:
McM on the top, Scubapro washer on the bottom.
20130816_002236.jpg
I tested 'em in the Scubapro QD fitting, and they worked perfectly. The smaller ID of the hole was no problem threading onto the core. The thinner rubber of the washer from McM-C didn't leak. It was easy to click-lock the Q-D fitting and it sealed at both low IP (30 psi) and normal 140 psi.

Of note, a few of the washers didn't punch quite vertically (see the top left one). The internal hole slants a little. Probably won't matter, since the sealing surfaces are on top and bottom, not the hole ID, but these clearly aren't high tolerance o-rings.

PM me and I'll send anyone a few that need to service Scubapro Quick Disconnect fittings. My bag has 100 in it.
We have another item for our McMaster-Carr database!

Scubapro PN 21009112 is reasonably matched by McMaster-Carr 90130A029.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but these retaining rings are also in the r190. So ordering them today .

I know this is an old thread, but these retaining rings are also in the r190. So ordering them today .
I'm looking at the R190 schematic, and I'm not seeing a corresponding washer to what's in the BCD quick disconnect. Are we talking about the same part? The McMaster washer referred to above is a substitute for Item #47 on the Air2Gen3 schematic.

I've only gone through half of my 100 washers in the last 9 years, so if anyone wants a few, DM me.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 11-3XX-000 R190 rev P.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 48
  • Air2Gen3Annotated.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
It is mentioned on the 1994 schematic. Nr 8 to be exact.

The thread started out about the retaining ring 01 073 250, the washer came later

Attachments

• R190-1994-09.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
I put a new C clip in the G250 service kits. I always love reading threads where Robert is playing deep sea parts detective. He is without a doubt the master of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom