G250 & g200b

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VERY nice find. So nice in fact you may want to purchase a different cover and conserve the "Surf" cover as the "Hot Frames" are going for some nice change right now.

@p_kos & @rhwestfall pretty much nailed your question. If your second stages have not been upgraded with the new s-wing poppet then I suggest you do so. Store | Vintage Double Hose &/or @buddhasummer can help you out with the parts and service kits.

Am I correct in thinking that the g200b, if serviced correctly, is the same quality as g250 but without adjustment knob?

Yes, that's correct. The G200B is an under-rated regulator, every bit as high performing as the G250. The MK15 1st stage which you have is also excellent; I'm using a pair of MK15s as my sidemount cave set. The only thing about them is that it takes a couple of special tools to service them and it may not be easy to get parts well into the future. I think SP has stopped officially supporting them. If you need advice on servicing them I can certainly help you, and if you want to trade your MK15 for a MK10 I might be able to do that as well. I have a handful of seats and parts for the MK15, so I'm not too worried being able to keep mine in service for several more years. I think I also have a few extra MK10s that I'm not using (I have to look in my box of regulators); service parts for those are easier to find because there are no proprietary plastic bushings and there are decent aftermarket seats available, so if SP ever stops supplying kits for those, you could still get parts.

But if you don't mind getting the bushing installation tool and the skinny circlip pliers for the MK15 (scubatools.com should have them) and you can find a few service kits, you'll be very happy with the performance of the MK15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom