FYI Cozumel flight cancellations continue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are a lucky man. What/who determines if they unload from front & rear? Would be nice to know for picking seats. We had mid-plane seating one trip and people couldn't decide which way to go, either way we ended up near the end of the line!

What/who determines if they unload from front & rear?
My guess is how many are aboard.

I remember last month having some difficulties storing my roll-on. The FA offered to store it forward and I objected, so she stored it behind me. That worked well for me. All this would have backfired if they had not deplaned from the rear so I guess it's a gamble.

My guess is how many are aboard.
The plane has been full or nearly so on just about every flight I have been on to Cozumel.

The plane has been full or nearly so on just about every flight I have been on to Cozumel.
:idk:

I made it down without any problems other than looking out window and seeing six cruise ships docked today.

Fixed it for ya:

I made it down without any problems other than looking out window and seeing six floating petri dishes cruise ships docked today.

I've learned to select an aisle seat towards the rear, maybe third from the rear to avoid the restroom line. With deplaning from both ends,

When I first read the above my first thought was yeah good to be near the restrooms.

I think they may have stepped up the front and rear de-planing due to the pandemic. In theory they are supposed to be cleaning more thoroughly, so faster deplaning does allow more time for that. I am pretty sure they were cleaning more thoroughly at the start of the pandemic at least (not so sure now) , they might be they switched to front and rear then and then just stuck with it since it is faster (or just inertia not wanting to change procedure again ).

Bottom line is that it I don’t remember it happening before the pandemic , but it happens a lot now

When I first read the above my first thought was yeah good to be near the restrooms.
At my age, I try to manage that before the need arises. Besides, airport banos are so much nicer. If everyone would go before boarding, there'd be a lot less need in the air. Except I'd rather go up there than once in the Immigration line.
I think they may have stepped up the front and rear de-planing due to the pandemic. In theory they are supposed to be cleaning more thoroughly, so faster deplaning does allow more time for that. I am pretty sure they were cleaning more thoroughly at the start of the pandemic at least (not so sure now) , they might be they switched to front and rear then and then just stuck with it since it is faster (or just inertia not wanting to change procedure again ).

Bottom line is that it I don’t remember it happening before the pandemic , but it happens a lot now
Good guess. I'm sure the FAs and any extra cleaning crews love it when they can empty the tube faster if they can get the ground crews to roll out the extra stairs, which probably depends on how much the airlines will spend on contracted services.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom