FYI: 2005 Diver Saftey Day - June 18th @ Madison Aquatic Park (Rock Divers).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BILLB:
Took the plunge and went diving on Saturday 18, June. Nice people and had a good time. Even won a prize! If any of the Deep Dixie divers are in the Philly area, drop me a PM. I can also show you a good day of diving!
Glad you had a good time Bill.

Were you the guy that one the prize for coming the farthest? I thought surely one of the South Carolina folks was going to win that one.
Luke

mike_s:
Hey Luke,

how was the vis there this weekend? (I didn't make it out there due to a conflict in timing)
I didn't dive Saturday. I just swam, manned the SEAS booth, and told sea stories. I think somebody said the vis was about 20 feet. The surface temp was in the low to mid 70s and the bottom was around 62 (I heard). I'm going to dive after work Thursday so I'll have a better report then.
Luke

I dove on Saturday and Sunday. You were right. No matter where you go diver look out for each other. I had no problem hooking up with divers at Madison. BTW, Viz was 10-15 feet. Bottom temp was 64 degrees. In my dry suit I had to stay below the thermocline just to be comfortable.

I did not want to draw attention to myself about being from PA. (I am actually from Jax, FL.) But I did win a prize. I have been captured in the NW UDSA that I might as well be a yankee. Thanks to all the good ole boys for a great weekend of dving.

ScubaLuke:
Glad you had a good time Bill.

Were you the guy that one the prize for coming the farthest? I thought surely one of the South Carolina folks was going to win that one.
Luke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom