F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went for a ride on the boat at lunch today. There was an empty 5 gallon bucket in the cockpit prior to the storm. Just over 8" of water in it today.

The river flooded the road for the first time in a long time. This was a common occurrence during the 80's 90's and 2000's until 10 years ago when they started removing unused dams down river.
It took 4-5 inches of rain to do this. The last bad flood in 2010 there was 9 feet of water in that spot.
The mail box in this picture was underwater and didn't make a ripple on the surface!
DSCN2924.JPG
DSCN2925.JPG

This is the road on the left taken from my driveway.
Below is the road going away from my property. My mailbox is to the left.
DSCN2927.JPG

This is from 2010 when a Nat. Guard HumV ran into 9' of water in front of my house!
I used my canoe to ferry the 2 guardsmen and the local cop to shore. The line can be seen in the water. It took a 10ton truck to pull the hummer out.
humV 2010.JPG

Attachments

• CRIM0112.JPG
    CRIM0112.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 51
So this week, next weekend, 9/11 9/12, are just surge in Ft. Wetherill. Maybe week after...
I am heading out next week for a couple mornings of diving. Not too many more weeks left.

I'm trying to get one or two in before I leave.

SBO!!!$%$%&^&^&&weather!!! Even when we get winds from the right direction!!

Fri...Nw Winds 10 To 15 Kt. Gusts Up To 20 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas 4 To 7 Ft.
Fri Night...Nw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 5 To 8 Ft.

@#$%^&!!weather!!! It's F$@#%ing Sept already and I only have 7 SEVEN dives all year!!!
Really 6 dives one was a 5FFW 10min dip!

SBO!!!$%$%&^&^&&weather!!! Even when we get winds from the right direction!!

Fri...Nw Winds 10 To 15 Kt. Gusts Up To 20 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas 4 To 7 Ft.
Fri Night...Nw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 5 To 8 Ft.

@#$%^&!!weather!!! It's F$@#%ing Sept already and I only have 7 SEVEN dives all year!!!
Really 6 dives one was a 5FFW 10min dip!

Saw on the news that the hurricane far off the east coast was going to send some big waves all along the coast.

Back
Top Bottom