F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the cold water quiets things down?

Thats one advantage of cold water diving is the vis is usually really good. I did my ice diving class many years ago in Lake Placid, NY and the vis was like 20 feet, I could see my tether line clear back to the hole.
Never thought about the boat ramp in CT, I've done training at Finns Beach for the local fire departments but it was surface stuff and ice rescue. I'll have to give it a shot.

As far as fresh water diving, I have been going to Wallum Lake in Burrillville and love it. Descent vis, avg 8 feet + or -, lots of rocks and channels in the shallows, the deeper you go the less to see, just muck and some short weeds. Wicked thermocline around 20 feet, dove there last week and the was a 10 degree difference.

Wicked thermocline around 20 feet, dove there last week and the was a 10 degree difference.
My CT lake diving is usually in the 10-20' range for those reasons - light and thermocline. Going out today in a shorty, as soon as the front passes through

As far as fresh water diving, I have been going to Wallum Lake in Burrillville and love it. Descent vis, avg 8 feet + or -, lots of rocks and channels in the shallows, the deeper you go the less to see, just muck and some short weeds. Wicked thermocline around 20 feet, dove there last week and the was a 10 degree difference.
Where is the best entry point, Mass boat launch?

Erik

Where is the best entry point, Mass boat launch?

I know some enter form the Mass boat launch but because it is in a state park, you have to pay to get in. I have been using the Wallum Lake Canoe Launch on South Shore Dr. in Burrillville RI. You can surface swim the channel which is about 4-5 ft deep or walk across the shallows to the rock jetty. There is a space between the rocks in the jetty that the channel runs through, I start there. Average depth around 8-10 feet, the deepest I have gotten in the southern part of the lake is 55 feet. In know from looking at a bathymetry chart that there is an 80 foot spot in the northern part in Mass.

WT!@#@%$#!!!!

Tonight...S Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Seas Around 2 Ft. A Slight Chance Of Showers And Tstms After Midnight. Some Tstms May Produce Heavy Rainfall After Midnight.

Thu...S Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. A Chance Of Showers.

Thu Night...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. Patchy Fog. A Chance Of Showers In The Evening. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.

Fri...Sw Winds Around 10 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft.

Fri Night...Sw Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft.

Sat...S Winds Around 5 Kt, Becoming Se In The Afternoon. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. A Chance Of Showers.

Sat Night...Tropical Storm Conditions Possible. Gusts Up To 20 Kt After Midnight. A Chance Of Showers.

Sun...Tropical Storm Conditions Possible. A Chance Of Showers.

Sun Night...Tropical Storm Conditions Possible. A Chance Of Showers In The Evening.

Mon...Sw Winds 20 To 25 Kt, Becoming W 15 To 20 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas 6 To 9 Ft, Subsiding To 4 To 7 Ft In The Afternoon. A Chance Of Showers In The Morning.

Mon Night...Nw Winds 15 To 20 Kt, Diminishing To 10 To 15 Kt After Midnight. Seas 3 To 5 Ft.

WT!@#@%$#!!!!

Tonight...S Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Seas Around 2 Ft. A Slight Chance Of Showers And Tstms After Midnight. Some Tstms May Produce Heavy Rainfall After Midnight.

Thu...S Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. A Chance Of Showers.

Thu Night...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. Patchy Fog. A Chance Of Showers In The Evening. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.

Fri...Sw Winds Around 10 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft.

Fri Night...Sw Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft.

Sat...S Winds Around 5 Kt, Becoming Se In The Afternoon. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. A Chance Of Showers.

Sat Night...Tropical Storm Conditions Possible. Gusts Up To 20 Kt After Midnight. A Chance Of Showers.

Sun...Tropical Storm Conditions Possible. A Chance Of Showers.

Sun Night...Tropical Storm Conditions Possible. A Chance Of Showers In The Evening.

Mon...Sw Winds 20 To 25 Kt, Becoming W 15 To 20 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas 6 To 9 Ft, Subsiding To 4 To 7 Ft In The Afternoon. A Chance Of Showers In The Morning.

Mon Night...Nw Winds 15 To 20 Kt, Diminishing To 10 To 15 Kt After Midnight. Seas 3 To 5 Ft.

And the hits keep coming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom