Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just stumbled upon this interesting thread and haven't finished reading up on it, so excuse me if this has been posted already, but thought I figured this could be of interest.

Here's a little video highlighting prospective Covid-19 safety protocols for diving operators, posted a couple of days ago on social media by Labuan Bajo's DOCK (Dive Operators Community Komodo) + Wonderpus.
DOCK members are primarily budget to mid-range daytrip operations in Komodo National Park, along with some resorts and smaller liveaboard operators like Wunderpus.

Would be surprised if operators actually followed all these steps, but here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=574917849857510

ben
Thank you for this nice video. I do not think that temperature checks has been proved to do much good. But please, correct me if somebody have found any evidence. Anyway, it is law here to do it. Small detail is that masks should never be on your chin. On a spacious open boat, or private boats such as we offer, it should be easy to keep a distance and combined with masks I estimate that the chance of getting infected is very small. I wonder if the number of people suffering from a common cold would not drop much as well.

Even mild and asymptomatic cases will turn us into non-divers:

This is the biggest reason I am so scared of this virus.. the lasting effects will turn all of us into non-divers.

Thank you for this nice video. I do not think that temperature checks has been proved to do much good. But please, correct me if somebody have found any evidence. Anyway, it is law here to do it. Small detail is that masks should never be on your chin. On a spacious open boat, or private boats such as we offer, it should be easy to keep a distance and combined with masks I estimate that the chance of getting infected is very small. I wonder if the number of people suffering from a common cold would not drop much as well.

Here's a similar "Covid19 diving health protocols" video for Raja Ampat, posted on July 20.

Not 100% sure who's behind it, looks like it was shot in Waisai for the most part.

Here's a similar "Covid19 diving health protocols" video for Raja Ampat, posted on July 20.

Not 100% sure who's behind it, looks like it was shot in Waisai for the most part.

They need to reshoot the video with the DM wearing the mask properly during the briefing. Having the mask hanging loosely below the nose is like wearing underwear with his pecker sticking out over the underwear, i.e., useless.

Some masks come with metal strip over the nose bridge area. The proper use of such masks is to pinch the metal strip on the nose so it would bend over the nose bridge, creating a good seal over the nose bridge.

Bit funny. The procedure of desinfecting walls and other open places seems a bit ridiculous. At least not based on any science. Wonder what the use? And the mask should be used correctly.

I think it's a private effort from one of the homestays owners.
Guessing the Raja Ampat Homestay Association +Doug Meikle will soon come up with something a bit more elaborate for the homestays.

Does the local area want that disinfectant in the sea water?

Interesting comments - May I suggest that you also post all your suggestions and questions on their You Tube / Facebook page?
I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback and it might help them out more than keeping them confined to this thread.

Does the local area want that disinfectant in the sea water?

Yes this what I also thought - on the Wonderpus / DOCK one they mention that this is "to be disposed of responsibly" or similar, but if what they're using is DETTOL or similar, it is contrary to Green Fins accreditation requirements last I heard, and DOCK operators are getting involved with Green Fins ( see here DOCK Komodo ) so not quite sure what to make of it...
Complicated times...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom