Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please do not judge Australians by the comments from Downunder Dan.

Amazing insight into the physce of a true blue Australian!
You deserve the Queen's honours for your invaluable input into this thread

If someone says they can't breathe, please give them your octopus, put social distancing & sanitising aside for that moment please

Still no constructive input, just insults & whining. Can't hold your own, friend?
No point in constructive input. You ignore it if it disagrees with your narrative.

Since? Or: if and when? Regional as in their own city? All surveys I read point in one direction. People prefer to fly not more than 3 hours for their next holiday. Lembeh Island is a part of the adminstrative city of Bitung. Here we have the official code Red. Means high risk Covid-19 area. Manado just went from Red to Yellow. Some parts of Indonesia have yellow because there has not been hardly any testing yet. The numbers at Bali going up daily. Would the Australian government allow citizens to return from a holiday at Bali without isolation? This discussion I started is not about positive or negative. It is not a pep talk or motivational program. But it is to exchange thoughts and ideas. To help me and others to form and review an opinion. And for me, my temporary conclusion is, that we will not see foreign tourism in Indonesia for the next 10 months. Except from the few guys who also go to war zones and places where a natural disaster just stroke. And I do not have a judgement if this is good or bad. There are many sides and angles to it. I loved Bali when I first visited in 1988. And just recently talked with Max Ammer about the early nineties when we started diving in Raja Ampat. But I also see the losses in jobs and opportunities for the people living there and here. Somehow we have to re-invent dive tourism.

Sorry Indah, I'll be honest with you, I didn't even bother reading your post in full, as I already know it's just argumentative negativity going nowhere.

I've posted a number of times in the past that i sincerely hope your bisnis memperbaiki secepatnya.
I recently gave you an insight of Australian diving during a pandemic with fully booked boats and super happy operators glad to be back in business & making people satisfied. But you didn't acknowledge or even appreciate the fact I was trying to share with you
I even suggested to you to start giving some info on the marine life in season around your dive businesses to start to get people interested, because that's probably the number 1 reason people want to go diving for. So ye, there's many diving customers across the world who can't dive because of regional government restrictions, not out of fear of covid

Sorry Indah, I'll be honest with you, I didn't even bother reading your post in full, as I already know it's just argumentative negativity going nowhere.

I've posted a number of times in the past that i sincerely hope your bisnis memperbaiki secepatnya.
I recently gave you an insight of Australian diving during a pandemic with fully booked boats and super happy operators glad to be back in business & making people satisfied. But you didn't acknowledge or even appreciate the fact I was trying to share with you
I even suggested to you to start giving some info on the marine life in season around your dive businesses to start to get people interested, because that's probably the number 1 reason people want to go diving for. So ye, there's many diving customers across the world who can't dive because of regional government restrictions, not out of fear of covid
Certainly Indah could do that and I would welcome it but wouldn't appreciate having any smoke blown up my butt about how soon that I could get into Indo and easily be transported to his resort especially without extra concern of Covid.

Still no constructive input, just insults & whining. Can't hold your own, friend?
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him.” Really Dan, you can only be offended as you let that happen to you.

Dan, I do not remember I ever wrote that people would not come to Indonesia out of fear of Covid-19. Of course people start diving again in Australia, Italy, Bali or any other place not too far from where they live. I think that the majority of divers will not be able to travel to Indonesia any time soon without that they have to be in isolation when coming home again. Assuming there will be tourist visa again, which we do not have yet. And that there are flights again, which we do not have yet. I do not believe that nice posts about the marine life near the places of our resorts changes much to that situation. And I do appreciate you best wishes for our company, thanks. Now, make me more happy and answer this question: Would the Australian government allow citizens to return from a holiday at Bali without isolation?

Dan, I do not remember I ever wrote that people would not come to Indonesia out of fear of Covid-19. Of course people start diving again in Australia, Italy, Bali or any other place not too far from where they live. I think that the majority of divers will not be able to travel to Indonesia any time soon without that they have to be in isolation when coming home again. Assuming there will be tourist visa again, which we do not have yet. And that there are flights again, which we do not have yet. I do not believe that nice posts about the marine life near the places of our resorts changes much to that situation. And I do appreciate you best wishes for our company, thanks. Now, make me more happy and answer this question: Would the Australian government allow citizens to return from a holiday at Bali without isolation?

You're finally on point Indah. Yes, I do believe that isolation when returning home will be a major factor in deterring divers from travelling to Indonesia. It will probably even deter me to be honest

In regards to your question, yes I believe the government will allow. But certainly not in this point in time.
At the moment, the Australian government is doubling down on it's "suppression" strategy in covid fight, & using words to the effect of "impossible to eliminate", "covid will always be around". The quicker Australians realise this, the quicker we can move on

You're finally on point Indah. Yes, I do believe that isolation when returning home will be a major factor in deterring divers from travelling to Indonesia. It will probably even deter me to be honest

In regards to your question, yes I believe the government will allow. But certainly not in this point in time.
At the moment, the Australian government is doubling down on it's "suppression" strategy in covid fight, & using words to the effect of "impossible to eliminate", "covid will always be around". The quicker Australians realise this, the quicker we can move on
Okay Dan, when do you think that there will be no restrictions anymore for Australians to spend a holiday in Indonesia? In other words, within how many months do you think it will be untill we may welcome the first Australian tourist? And what will be the number of visitors in 2021? In 2019 this number was 1.4 million.

Just stumbled upon this interesting thread and haven't finished reading up on it, so excuse me if this has been posted already, but thought I figured this could be of interest.

Here's a little video highlighting prospective Covid-19 safety protocols for diving operators, posted a couple of days ago on social media by Labuan Bajo's DOCK (Dive Operators Community Komodo) + Wonderpus.
DOCK members are primarily budget to mid-range daytrip operations in Komodo National Park, along with some resorts and smaller liveaboard operators like Wunderpus.

Would be surprised if operators actually followed all these steps, but here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=574917849857510

ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom