Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air Asia does NOT offer full refund for flight cancellation!
The best they can give is the travel fund!
Not good enough!
They will keep/spend your money whether they will weather out this storm or NOT.
My travel insurance does not cover airline bankruptcy.
If the government gives out a negative advice for traveling to a certain country I wonder if any insurance will cover a cancellation.

I think that the non-smoking point you brought up is good, but it also applies to every country. People in Australia will still light up near you without caring, not every smoker though. I think it's very hypocritical for governments to impose draconian restrictions but on the other hand allow a well known carcinogen be available for people to inhale and damage their lungs and fill up hospital wards pre-covid with tobacco related illnesses, I mean doesn't covid damage lungs also?

Smoking and Diving - A Bad Combination | Scuba Diving News, Gear, Education | Dive Training Magazine

When I was a medical student at Duke University, we all observed the wards full of heavy smokers with lung cancer, heart problems and peripheral vascular disease, and it was fairly well-known that their nicotine habit was a big contributor.

I think that the non-smoking point you brought up is good, but it also applies to every country. People in Australia will still light up near you without caring, not every smoker though. I think it's very hypocritical for governments to impose draconian restrictions but on the other hand allow a well known carcinogen be available for people to inhale and damage their lungs and fill up hospital wards pre-covid with tobacco related illnesses, I mean doesn't covid damage lungs also?
Total different numberss in Indonesia. Australia: In 2017-18, just under one in seven (13.8%) or 2.6 million adults were daily smokers, while a further 1.4% of people also reported smoking, they did so on a less than daily basis. Since 1995, the proportion of adults who are daily smokers has decreased from 23.8% to 13.8% in 2017-18.

Indonesia Usulkan Asean Bahas Travel Corridor dengan Protokol Covid-19 Ketat | Ekonomi - Bisnis.com

Menteri Luar Negeri Retno Marsudi dalam keterangan kepada media mengatakan, Menteri Luar Negeri Retno Marsudi dalam keterangan kepada media mengatakan, Presiden Joko Widodo mengatakan Asean Travel Corridor ini selain penting untuk percepatan ekonomi Asean, dapat menunjukkan arti strategis dari komunitas Asean baik di kawasan maupun di mata dunia internasional.

Jokowi's keen. Suggested today at ASEAN summit how important travel bubble is for it's economy's speedy recovery
This was the most positive I could find in this article: "Asean perlu mulai melakukan pengaturan mengenai Asean travel koridor secara hati-hati, terukur, dan bertahap. Dimulai dengan essential business travel corridor berdasarkan protokol kesehatan yang ketat," kata Menlu. Nothing yet about tourism or bubbles. But the cooperation and coordination between the Asian plus 3 countries is of course a good thing.

Which would mean for Indonesia 270 x 500 = 135.000 cases per week would be acceptable? Sure about this number?
Yes, as 50 cases per week per 100.000 people is the current threshold where most countires in Europe will re-implement certain lockdown meassures, albeit we do that now on a more local level.But that is only a rough guideline, I'm sure that if Indonesia has 100k+ cases a week we will keep the travel advisory

Total different numberss in Indonesia. Australia: In 2017-18, just under one in seven (13.8%) or 2.6 million adults were daily smokers, while a further 1.4% of people also reported smoking, they did so on a less than daily basis. Since 1995, the proportion of adults who are daily smokers has decreased from 23.8% to 13.8% in 2017-18.
I think that the non-smoking point you brought up is good, but it also applies to every country.
"every country"

Anyone who has been in an Asean country long enough would know that during Asean summits, theres a lot of positive talk and agreement so no one loses face. After that all would just quietly agree to disagree and nothing much comes out of the summit "agreements". Singapore and Malaysia can't even agree on how to open borders between the 2 of us. To wish for an Asean wide agreement on this for tourist in the next few months is completely unrealistic. No Asean countries will allow their citizens to freely travel to indonesia and possibly come back infected or allow indonesian tourist to freely travel in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom