Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@DownUnderwater Dan

I'm not sure what your personal problem is with Indah and I don't care either. Your tone and argumentative attitude, in this thread, at least, is offensive to me.

Indah seems to be dealing with it well and for this I commend Indah.

@DownUnderwater Dan

I'm not sure what your personal problem is with Indah and I don't care either. Your tone and argumentative attitude, in this thread, at least, is offensive to me.

Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him. Epictetus.

@DownUnderwater Dan

I don't have anything against Indah at all, it's his choice to argue or pour cold water on everything single post I make, so be his choice. At least he's not rude

Your tone and argumentative attitude, in this thread, at least, is offensive to me.

I couldn't really care less about your school yard squabbling or your opinion at this moment

I'm all for positive, constructive thinking, not so much with people scaremongering and judging people in this damned, almost finished covid period

Angelo, FYI from Monday (15th of June) you can board an airplane in Rome fly to Athens and then take any local ferry or flight to our islands and dive there - no general quarantine - only random checks!!!
From July 1st (2 weeks time) direct international flights will be allowed to our islands too. In fact Ryanair advertises direct flights from my city (Chania/Crete) to Milan from 15th of July onwards!!! This would be unthinkable even few weeks ago.

I don't advice this and I am afraid it will bring more problems (covid-19 cases) to local communities than the problems our governments try to solve (start of local businesses while letting Europeans get some holiday sun). I am just telling you how fast things can change...
I just read that Turkey opened the borders wihtout any restrictions to for example the Dutch. But their country still has a negative travel advice to go to Turkey. For Indonesia it is not possible to get a visa yet. But you are very right with how fast, and often unexpected, things can change. I am just estimating that Indonesia (and Mexico and Brazil) will be not high on the list of the countries to where governments allow their citizens to go. Greece did very well by the way. Congratulations.

Angelo, FYI from Monday (15th of June) you can board an airplane in Rome fly to Athens and then take any local ferry or flight to our islands and dive there - no general quarantine - only random checks!!!
From July 1st (2 weeks time) direct international flights will be allowed to our islands too. In fact Ryanair advertises direct flights from my city (Chania/Crete) to Milan from 15th of July onwards!!! This would be unthinkable even few weeks ago.

I don't advice this and I am afraid it will bring more problems (covid-19 cases) to local communities than the problems our governments try to solve (start of local businesses while letting Europeans get some holiday sun). I am just telling you how fast things can change...

Indonesia to permit travel to and from Japan, 3 other countries - The Mainichi

Indonesia has been drawing up a plan to allow the resumption of travel to and from four countries...

"Our colleagues at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are currently designing travel bubbles for four countries -- China, South Korea, Japan and Australia,"...discussions have been ongoing to set up criteria for permitting travel between Indonesia and the four

"After the criteria are made, negotiations will be held with those countries for two, three or four weeks. When agreements are reached, the travel bubbles will be opened," he said, adding that there have been many requests from countries seeking to resume travel on certain routes.

He indicated that the four countries were selected because "their investment has helped Indonesia's economy a lot."

Discussions and plans are already underway for Indonesia & Australia travel bubble...seems like not so far away soon

it seems Australians are not allowed to travel abroad till September 15th

Government extends travel ban to mid-September | Sky News Australia

Yes, I read that information earlier this morning, which I was unaware of until I read it

But the Prime Minister has been pressuring all the states and territories' governments to open their borders, in order to reopen travel between states again
The Prime Minister yesterday also stated some new information that I was unaware of, that if the states don't open their borders, then Australia's borders will remain closed until all the states & territories reopen their borders again

Indonesia to permit travel to and from Japan, 3 other countries - The Mainichi

Indonesia has been drawing up a plan to allow the resumption of travel to and from four countries...

"Our colleagues at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are currently designing travel bubbles for four countries -- China, South Korea, Japan and Australia,"...discussions have been ongoing to set up criteria for permitting travel between Indonesia and the four

"After the criteria are made, negotiations will be held with those countries for two, three or four weeks. When agreements are reached, the travel bubbles will be opened," he said, adding that there have been many requests from countries seeking to resume travel on certain routes.

He indicated that the four countries were selected because "their investment has helped Indonesia's economy a lot."

Discussions and plans are already underway for Indonesia & Australia travel bubble...seems like not so far away soon
Sounds great, very polite of Japan to react this way. But Japan has it (more or less) under control since early May. With, except for one day, less than 50 new cases daily. Indonesia, publishes a daily rise of 3%, today 1.014 including 28 at Bali. I wonder if the governments of Australia, New Zealand and Vietnam would be happy if people visit Indonesia as long as the cases are going up that much here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom