Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My post about Boeing and Airbus was about the last month period up until now. No need to start digging up some more negative info
Sorry Dan, you wrote: It's weird you only picking Airbus not Boeing, So, I looked up what happened with Boeing over the last 6 months. Nothing to do with being optimistic or not or "neegative" info. Simply facts and numbers.

Sorry Dan, you wrote: It's weird you only picking Airbus not Boeing, So, I looked up what happened with Boeing over the last 6 months. Nothing to do with being optimistic or not or "neegative" info. Simply facts and numbers.

This thread is about "future", dive travel included as such. I posted that currently people are optimistic about the future of air travel post-covid according to the recent significant rises in market value of Boeing and Airbus over the past month.

You tried to point out something to me counter to what I posted, and you were wrong about it with the facts, & you said fair enough. Then you needlessly proceeded to carry on with more negative news about Boeing from 6 months ago

I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish Indah, maybe you're dehydrated, perhaps you should drink a nice coconut juice in front of the beach & start thinking positively about the possibility of customers coming to your resort as a result of air travel returning & the high demand from the people to fly again

You should opt in to the ‘Pub’ I think you’d fit in well, there is a whole CORONAVIRUS thread full of such information.

And your reply has anything to do with people eager to get flying again? Or are you seriously trying to deny that people will fly again at the drop of a hat?
What kind of "pilot" are you?...I think it's only your head that's in up in the clouds

This thread is about "future", dive travel included as such. I posted that currently people are optimistic about the future of air travel post-covid according to the recent significant rises in market value of Boeing and Airbus over the past month.

You tried to point out something to me counter to what I posted, and you were wrong about it with the facts, & you said fair enough. Then you needlessly proceeded to carry on with more negative news about Boeing from 6 months ago

I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish Indah, maybe you're dehydrated, perhaps you should drink a nice coconut juice in front of the beach & start thinking positively about the possibility of customers coming to your resort as a result of air travel returning & the high demand from the people to fly again
I hope you are right. But the development of the shares for both Boeing and Airbus are not pointing in that direction looking at them for the last (until now) six months period. That is all. You started to mention this topic by the way. I started this tread to find more ideas and exchange thoughts with fellow divers the learn more about how and when to start up business again.

I hope you are right. But the development of the shares for both Boeing and Airbus are not pointing in that direction looking at them for the last (until now) six months period. That is all. You started to mention this topic by the way. I started this tread to find more ideas and exchange thoughts with fellow divers the learn more about how and when to start up business again.

Yes, Indah. I'm bringing up future travel because you mentioned air travel when you started the thread

I'm not alone, as I believe thousands of divers have already booked or are eager to book flights to destinations for diving, snorkeling and other watersports & recreational activities

If any of you could predict the future looking at the time series of stocks, you would be a billionaire.
Let's stay focused on what is the realistic scenario for diving in the next 12-18 months.
I would not bet on people flying or traveling to other countries. Instead I see the possibility of the resurrection of the way we were diving in the seventies.
Only local, at distances reachable by car.
Only autonomous, no diving center or divemasters.
Your own inflatable Zodiac, or perhaps you rent a small boat at the port.
Equipment purchased online. Bad time for physical shops.
Tanks filled at home with your own compressor, or at filling stations located outdoor, at gasoline stations or in the port.
This was how I started diving in the seventies, and all of this is already feasible now, or in 2-3 weeks.
This summer I do not see alternatives.
I fear it will stay the same also for summer 2021, although I would be very happy to be wrong, and that the next year more organized scuba activities will become possible again.

If any of you could predict the future looking at the time series of stocks, you would be a billionaire.

True, true...

I only mentioned the past month's significant increases in Boeing & Airbus market value as a sign of confidence in the resumption air travel & demand, post-covid times

Let's stay focused on what is the realistic scenario for diving in the next 12-18 months.
I would not bet on people flying or traveling to other countries. Instead I see the possibility of the resurrection of the way we were diving in the seventies.
Only local, at distances reachable by car.
Only autonomous, no diving center or divemasters.
Your own inflatable Zodiac, or perhaps you rent a small boat at the port.
Equipment purchased online. Bad time for physical shops.
Tanks filled at home with your own compressor, or at filling stations located outdoor, at gasoline stations or in the port.
This was how I started diving in the seventies, and all of this is already feasible now, or in 2-3 weeks.
This summer I do not see alternatives.
I fear it will stay the same also for summer 2021, although I would be very happy to be wrong, and that the next year more organized scuba activities will become possible again.

Angelo, FYI from Monday (15th of June) you can board an airplane in Rome fly to Athens and then take any local ferry or flight to our islands and dive there - no general quarantine - only random checks!!!
From July 1st (2 weeks time) direct international flights will be allowed to our islands too. In fact Ryanair advertises direct flights from my city (Chania/Crete) to Milan from 15th of July onwards!!! This would be unthinkable even few weeks ago.

I don't advice this and I am afraid it will bring more problems (covid-19 cases) to local communities than the problems our governments try to solve (start of local businesses while letting Europeans get some holiday sun). I am just telling you how fast things can change...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom