Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are slowly recovering, but they do not look so nice...
View attachment 591255
View attachment 591256
Of course in the next months the situation should improve, specially if, as I warmly hope, we will manage to avoid a second wave of infections. I really, really hope that the next year all of this nightmare will be over. However, what I see here every day is that a lot of people, companies and public administrations are steering towards a new model of business, human relationships and transfer of information and knowledge, where the physical presence is replaced by remote telepresence.
It appears that they do not think travelling will be again the standard way of being in contact. This is sad, it is something I am fighting, but, as said, whenever I propose to plan again to have physical meetings, lessons in presence, and to travel for doing our normal activity, I systematically get a refusal, and I am routed to these "modern" telepresence systems instead.

Regarding red wine: this is what I did just buy this morning (3 of them):
View attachment 591257
They are now in the refrigerator, this evening at least one of them will be emptied, together with some Parma's ham:
View attachment 591258

Parma ham!! Like heaven in my mouth! Squisito!!
Long time since I enjoyed a glass of Lambrusco, enjoy!!

Sounds like you are doing the right things. The one thing that I didn’t see that I think is important everywhere (Not just dive resorts) is a commitment by employers to support employees when they get sick so they don’t feel that they have to come in to work. Far too many people feel that they are either indispensable at work or they can’t forgo the income if they get a mild illness so they “suck it up” and go in to work. We need to create a culture that says if you are sick stay home. I know I have done this for both reasons at different points in my life! Needs to change.
We never, since we started in 1998, paid our guides per dive. Dive or not, guests or not, same salary, plus overtime when applicable. They all have a health and old age insurance. By law we have to pay their salaries when they are sick (and of course we do).

Good question. It looks like there are plenty of outside space to sit. I email them with a couple questions:
1. What trip preparation should I make?
2. What have they done on the boat to make COVID-19 free environment?
I'll post their answers here later.

Here is the info that I received so far:
Nautilus COVI-19 Safe Travel Practices
The following practices are based on the International Maritime Organization (IMO) requirements for joining a ship. Compliance is mandatory on Nautilus ISM safety management system certified ships. Please call or email our operations desk with any questions, comments or concerns...
General Measures
• Comply with standard infection protection and control precautions related to hygiene:
• e.g. hand-washing using the 20-second hand-washing rule with hot water and soap
• Use of hand-sanitizer
• Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected
• Cough/sneeze into the bend of your elbow
• If you use a tissue, discard of it properly and wash/sanitize your hands immediately etc.
• Avoid close contact with anyone who is or appears unwell or shows COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, etc.).
• Maintain a WHO recommended social distance of at least 1 metre (3 feet) between yourself and others.
• Wear a mask in all public areas
• Avoid shaking hands, do not share food, drink, utensils etc.
Preboarding Guidelines: before you leave your place of residence
• Be sure to monitor your health before leaving to travel to join us on the ship.
• Check your temperature twice daily and keep records for 7 days before travel and inform us if you show any symptoms.
• Inform us if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or show any symptoms before leaving to travel to join the ship.
• Make arrangements to bring the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) sufficient to cover the period of travel
to the ship.
Practices while at the airport/ on the aircraft:
• Arrange transportation to/from the airport that minimizes contact with other persons, such as trusted private provider. Avoid using public transportation.
• Wear PPE as instructed for the duration of travel as far as practicable (e.g. mask and gloves, etc.)
• Carry and handle your own luggage to the extent possible.
• Keep all relevant documents required for travel, in a bag or compartment that can be easily accessed to be
disinfected later.
• Maintain social distancing onboard the flight when possible, and sit with appropriate seat spacing, as arranged by
the airline or cabin crew on board the aircraft.
• Limit exposure to aircraft crew during in-flight service and other passengers when using the facilities when
possible.
Local hotel stay:
• Pay special attention to social distancing, hygiene and PPE requirements at the hotel.
• Maintain temperature checks twice daily and keeping a record.
• Continue to handle your own luggage at the hotel.
• Consider declining daily room cleaning service

Prior to boarding one of our ships
• Properly dispose of any single-use PPE used during travel (only that which cannot be washed/disinfected).
• We will provide complimentary health checks before boarding (e.g. having your temperature taken at the time of embarkation, reviewing mandatory temperature records, being tested for COVID-19 if suitable test kits are
available etc.)
• Please wear a mask in all public spaces.
• We will arrange for disinfection of your luggage and dive gear at our hospitality suite.
Onboard our ships
• Practice shipboard self-distancing (SSD), as far as possible, that might include:
• Avoiding all non-essential contact or close proximity with others on board
• All spaces on the ships including your stateroom will have been disinfected with vital oxide application by
fogging machines. Minimum 1 week hold time.
• Staggered meal service, dive and safety briefings, dive times.
• Please wear a mask in all public spaces including dive skiffs.
• We will issue sanitized individual second stage regulators on all white shark trips.
• Option to decline or limit daily room cleaning service.
• Crew assistance with buffet meal service and drinks.
• Use the designated space for your equipment
Disembarkation:
• Wearing appropriate PPE and disposal of single-use PPE worn onboard prior to disembarkation.”

The ONLY concession to PPE is mask!
HK Gov is issuing one reusable mask to every qualified person. This mask is supposed to last about 60 washes.

As you wrote, the stocks went up (after a historic low)...and then hard down again.

Ever the optimist, hey Indah?

I wrote that Boeing and Airbus' share price is up 40% in the last month. As matter of fact, Airbus' share price was 60% higher 3-4 days ago than 1 month ago. And yesterday they closed at 35% higher than price exactly 1 month ago

boeing stock price - Google Search

Could Boeing (BA) Shares Double in the Stock Market Recovery?

It's weird you only picking Airbus not Boeing, because your intended downer post to positive news would be meaningless if you posted Boeing's share price, which today closed 60% higher than exactly 1 month ago. Not to mention 4 days ago they were up 90% in the last month

... before I'm accused of spreading false & dangerous information, I suggest you double check the latest up-to-date public information/statistics available on the share prices of Boeing and Airbus in the last month

Ever the optimist, hey Indah?

I wrote that Boeing and Airbus' share price is up 40% in the last month. As matter of fact, Airbus' share price was 60% higher 3-4 days ago than 1 month ago. And yesterday they closed at 35% higher than price exactly 1 month ago

boeing stock price - Google Search

Could Boeing (BA) Shares Double in the Stock Market Recovery?

It's weird you only picking Airbus not Boeing, because your intended downer post to positive news would be meaningless if you posted Boeing's share price, which today closed 60% higher than exactly 1 month ago. Not to mention 4 days ago they were up 90% in the last month

... before I'm accused of spreading false & dangerous information, I suggest you double check the latest up-to-date public information/statistics available on the share prices of Boeing and Airbus in the last month
Fair enough. Look at the six months numbers please: boeing stock price - Google Search Much telling is also this: Warren Buffett Sells Airline Stocks Amid Coronavirus: ‘I Made A Mistake’

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom