Fusion p-valve options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJScubaSteve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last weekend I tried out a Fusion bullet drysuit, I loved it and am planning to order one. I was looking at the options on White's website, they offer 2 p-valves. One is a Light Monkey, the other Si-tech. They are both balanced. I have been diving dry for 3 years but this will be my first p-valve. Any recommendations for one or the other?

I have the Si-Tech valve and I am very happy with it.

I'm not overly happy with the Sitek. I think it's big relative to other options on the market these days, and I don't like the fact that it turns off in both directions. The hose it comes with is also too short for my liking.

The most positive aspect of this pee valve for me is the fact that it is available as a factory install.

I have the Si Tech on mine and like it. Will have to agree with jagfish that the hose is short, but overcame that by putting a quick disconnect on the end and then using a different tubing to go from the catheter to the valve tubing.

Greg

I have a Si-Tech one and it works fine and was very cheap. I like the fact that I can unscrew it to soak it rather than glue it into my suit where it is stuck forever. I don't mind that it turns off both ways as I just leave it open all the time. The downsides are that it is very large compared to other p-valves, and it comes with a short thin hose, but I just added some norprene tubing to the end which came with my quick disconnect.

I think if I got another valve though, I'd get a smaller one.

I use a Light Monkey and have been happy with it.

FWIW, norprene hose is very cheap, so if you don't like the length of the hose, you can order a bunch from McMaster-Carr (and quick disconnects too, which are much cheaper than if you order them from a p-valve manufacturer....go figure).

I've found that the neoprene hose is not a great solution for the Sitek valve since the metal nipple connector coming off the valve on the inside of the suit is not very long. I had a neoprene tube come loose on me in the shower while relieving myself...very unpleasant moment. I now use some 5 or 6mm ID (can't remember which) clear hose.

@Saspotatoe...agreed the Sitek is big. I don't like the double directional "off" since that makes it twice as easy to get turned off by accident, or forgotten when I try to pee. I do like the fact, as you say, that the valve can be easily unscrewed...though that has been the source of temporary leaks when the valve comes a bit loose...

I've found that the neoprene hose is not a great solution for the Sitek valve since the metal nipple connector coming off the valve on the inside of the suit is not very long. I had a neoprene tube come loose on me in the shower while relieving myself...very unpleasant moment. I now use some 5 or 6mm ID (can't remember which) clear hose.

I had a similar problem (but not when using the valve). I puchased a nylon barbed butt connector and cut off one of the barbed ends. I then press fit (read "pushed it real damned hard") the cut end onto the brass valve nipple. No way, no how that's coming off by accident. The remaining barbed end holds the norprene hose very securely.

My attempts at using various hoseclamps were unsuccessfull.

I ordered a Light Monkey balanced pee valve w/out the quick disconnect. I decided to get that from McMaster Carr. However, I'm not sure what size the hose ID is. Is it 3/8"? Anyone know?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom