Fusion fit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, thanks for that advice.

Which brings me to the next question: anyone know where I can order a L/XL and get it in time for my dive trip starting on the 1st? Scubatoys and Diverightin both said 1-2 weeks.....nothing on ebay, nor is there anything in the classifieds....

Since nothing is going to happen until Mondays anywho, I took Mike's advice and tried on only the inner bladder. I found that if I leave the suspenders on, all the way loose, it still feels tight. If I take the suspenders off, I don't have the tightness problem. I can feel it starting to get snug, but I wouldn't call it tight, nor can I imagine it restricting movement. I'll put the skin back on tomorrow and try again, without the suspenders. Maybe they're the culprit? Maybe they just need an inch or two of webbing added?

Here are pictures. I was wearing jeans and a sweater, so it approximates my 200g undies. I also have a mk3 on the way, but have no idea how it will fit... I have a good 4 inches on each side of my stomach, and the crotch seems about where it should be, maybe even a bit low. There looks to be plenty of room in the legs, too. But I'll let the people who know what they're talking about comment--at this point, I may be trying to rationalize not returning it and having to cancel my dive plans for next next week....

As always, thanks for ALL the help!!!

ps--ignore the red circle on my forehead. The "hey, let's stick these suction hooks Santa gave to me on my forehead!" idea didn't quite work as planned....

Attachments

• DSCN2841.JPG
    DSCN2841.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2842.JPG
    DSCN2842.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN2843.JPG
    DSCN2843.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN2844.JPG
    DSCN2844.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 63
I am surprised that it is tight. It doesn't look to bad...at the same time, I don't dive with my suspenders on my suit..EVER. It was too tight in the crotch with them on, so I took them off a looooong time ago.

As far as a suit goes....If you want to purchase a suit from us, I will send you one of our rentals, in the same configuration, that you can use for your trip. Then, when we get yours in stock, we will send you a call tag for the rental. Won't cost you any extra $$ for the rental...this way, you can have a suit that fits properly for your trip, and when you get home, your new suit could be waiting :D

I am surprised that it is tight. It doesn't look to bad...at the same time, I don't dive with my suspenders on my suit..EVER. It was too tight in the crotch with them on, so I took them off a looooong time ago.

As far as a suit goes....If you want to purchase a suit from us, I will send you one of our rentals, in the same configuration, that you can use for your trip. Then, when we get yours in stock, we will send you a call tag for the rental. Won't cost you any extra $$ for the rental...this way, you can have a suit that fits properly for your trip, and when you get home, your new suit could be waiting :D

Seriously, how cool an offer is this?

We are the Whites dealer of the month for a reason :wink: We have a small fleet of rentals that we use to help people try on the suit before purchase, and we have (like the offer above) even sent them so people had one to use for a couple weeks until their suit came in.

It's the customer service and the knowledge that people need and should have when spending that type of coin on something.

Even those Viking and Wild fans :D

Yeah, no kidding! Talk about SERVICE!!!

Mike, I especially thank you for your insight.

I tried the inner bladder by itself again, this time with my undergarments on. I wasn't able to get it to bind at all. I also have so much room around the girth that I think getting a large would be a disaster. The legs have a bit of extra length, as do the arms and torso, so I don't think it's an inner problem (like Mike said about the pictures I posted).

However, when I put the skin back on, the tightness across the front of the knees when squatting returns. Since I know it's not the bladder that is causing the problem, I think it must be either 1) my undergarments themselves, being compressed then stretched, or 2) the way the bladder is sitting within the skin. However, the tightness is only that--tightness, not restriction. Not wearing the suspenders helps a LOT. Now I just need to work the inner bladder around inside the skin a little bit, and I think I'll be set!

Maybe.....

Yeah, no kidding! Talk about SERVICE!!!

Mike, I especially thank you for your insight.

I tried the inner bladder by itself again, this time with my undergarments on. I wasn't able to get it to bind at all. I also have so much room around the girth that I think getting a large would be a disaster. The legs have a bit of extra length, as do the arms and torso, so I don't think it's an inner problem (like Mike said about the pictures I posted).

However, when I put the skin back on, the tightness across the front of the knees when squatting returns. Since I know it's not the bladder that is causing the problem, I think it must be either 1) my undergarments themselves, being compressed then stretched, or 2) the way the bladder is sitting within the skin. However, the tightness is only that--tightness, not restriction. Not wearing the suspenders helps a LOT. Now I just need to work the inner bladder around inside the skin a little bit, and I think I'll be set!

Maybe.....

What undergarment are you wearing with it? What do you have on under the undergarment?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom