Fusion fit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moose_grunt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I got a Fusion for Christmas, size S/M. According to the charts, and to the retailer it was bought from, a size S/M should fit me perfectly (I'm 5'10 130 lbs). It fits fine, but I can feel it binding in the knees when I try to squat down, or when I point my toe and bend my leg back towards my butt.

Before I return this to get a L/XL, are there any hints that may solve this? I'm a fusion newbie, so maybe I'm not pulling or tucking the right pieces?

I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask, but figured I'd see if there is any advice on here first.

Thanks!

Don't know how much help I'm going to be, But I got a Fusion for Christmas also. I'm 5'10 185lbs
I got a L/XL and it fits fine with no binding. The L/XL maybe a little loose on you. The best bet is if they have an L/XL in stock you could at least compare them.

Scott

I am 5'10" and about 165lbs. The l/xl is what I use and it fits just about as tight as I would want with ultra thick undies.

Have you tried putting it on with your undies then reach for the sky? If you feel a pull in the crotch it is too short. You should be able to bend in most any direction without restriction.

I would also recommend swapping it out. The beauty of this drysuit is extra material under the skin doesn't hurt you (within reason). I would rather have it be a little big (more room for undergarments) than too small.

Interesting followup--I've called two different online retailers and asked their "Fusion experts", and got the same answer from both: as long as the suit is not restricting movement, there is no need to go up to a larger suit. Especially since I have a 30" waist, both stores strongly recommended going up a size.....

Oh, decisions decisions!!! I think it's time to go try it on again....maybe take the skin off and just try the bladder, to determine if the bladder itself is too small, or if I just don't have it adjusted properly inside the skin....

I have had my fusion for about 2 years now. I have found it binding to the legs and difficult to get the crotch all the way up. Pulling the suit up the leg seems to create a sort of vacum effect and sometimes even after reaching down the leg and pulling up the inner core the crotch is still a few inches lower than it should be. This causes restricted motion in the legs as well as tightness in the upper body. However once you get air into the suit and move it into the legs it removes the binding/vacum effect and the suit easily slides up. I never have any problems with restricted range of motion once I am in the water and there is air in the suit.

I would suggest putting the suit on, closeing it up and getting some air in it to see if the fit doesnt loosen up. While the fusion may work with the inner core being baggy it still adds extra material that you dont need to be dragging around with you.

I have an LG/XL (5'9"-6'1" weight 160-210 chest 39-45 waist 31-38 ) and am 220, 6'0" and 35 waist and 44 chest. I was at first concered that the suit might be to tight but am happy that I stuck with this size. I sprayed the inside with a teflon spray to make the donning process easier.

I also had a Fusion sized based on the sizing chart and found it was too small. When I stretched out, the neck seal would pull causing a leak and wet dive every time I dived. Changing out to a larger size fixed this issue.

Take the Outer skin OFF the suit...its only velcro and removing the valves.

See how it fits then. This way, you can see where the problem may be.

With your height, you should NOT be in a SM/MD. What "Experts" did you talk to?

With your dimensions, you should be in a LG/XL inner bladder with a SM/MD outer skin. This will give you the movement you need, and then the outer will still be tight enough to keep it all together.

Check your suspenders, they may be too tight or "stuck" Check out the video we did here:
YouTube - Fusion Suspenders Potential Problem

Back
Top Bottom