Fusion Bullet skin - review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wrapped up a weekend of diving in the Bullet. From reading most of the forums related to this skin everyone seems to talk about how great the skin itself is, and the form-fit of the skin; all of which is VERY true. However, I've yet to read about how EASY it is to get this thing on by yourself. I tried a handful of suits before choosing this one, and none of them were remotely as easy as the Whites. My only issue from the weekend is that the Fusion Boots were one size too big for me and my feet sloshed around so much that I got a blister. I doubt there will be an issue with returning and getting a smaller size as Whites seems pretty willing to keep their customers happy. We are, after all, their unpaid sales force in the field :)

Cheers.

Excellent point - The fusion is VERY simple to don solo. Glad you enjoyed it!

As for the boots - I wonder how much you had on underneath on your feet. I tend to wear boot socks and then thick wool thermal socks - so I have no issues with slightly large boots.

Hey H20,
Also glad to hear you are having a great time in the Fusion, it should be no problem ex-changing your boots, just have your LDS drop us a line with the info. But also keep in mind like Jim mentioned you want to wear enough on your feet to keep them warm without the boot being to tight. let us know and we will get things right for you.
Cheers Doug,

Just wrapped up a weekend of diving in the Bullet. From reading most of the forums related to this skin everyone seems to talk about how great the skin itself is, and the form-fit of the skin; all of which is VERY true. However, I've yet to read about how EASY it is to get this thing on by yourself. I tried a handful of suits before choosing this one, and none of them were remotely as easy as the Whites. My only issue from the weekend is that the Fusion Boots were one size too big for me and my feet sloshed around so much that I got a blister. I doubt there will be an issue with returning and getting a smaller size as Whites seems pretty willing to keep their customers happy. We are, after all, their unpaid sales force in the field :)

Cheers.

I initially had a pair of Fusion boots but didn't like walking in them above water. The boots were the right size, but I had the same issue with my feet sliding around in them. I ended up buying a pair of Evo's which I love. They are a PITA to put on compared to the Fusion boots, but well worth it IMHO.

Interesting points re: thick socks. I was only in 65 degree water and was only wearing shoe socks underneath. I have a pair of MK3 glacier socks that I plan to use during a trip to Antarctica late next year. To the Whites folks in the forum...my normal shoe size is an 11.5 and my Fusion Boots are a 13/14. Am I correct in thinking I want the 12/13 size, or would you recommend I just chalk the baggy boots up to my being a novice drysuit diver and as I get more experience with cold water diving the extra room will come in handy.

I would stick with the size 13/14 especially if you are intending to go to Antarctica you are going to need the room for your MK3 socks as they are a bit thick. Just to make sure though maybe swing by your LDS and see if they will let you try on a smaller pair just to compare the fit. You might fall right in the middle as half sizes can be a little tricky. let us know what you find out.
Cheers Doug.

Sorry for responding to a month old post but I have the exact same show size except a 2-4e width depending on the shoe manufacture and I went with the 13/14 to start, and the shoes were to long for my feet. I actually ended up tripping on a stair and face planting into the ground, and hurting my toe(still sore after two weeks). I tried them on when I got the suit and they seemed to be the right size (length, etc). After diving and walking around with them I realized that the 11/12 would be the better fit for me, if you can try them on before getting the suit. The boots are now right for me and are working exactly how I expected them to. OH an I do not wear the little neoprene socks that came with the suit. I use fourth element arctic socks(best socks out there if you ask me) and am more then comfortable diving in 40-50 degree water for two hours or more at a time.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom