Fusion Bullet skin - review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Overall I like the upgrade - If I had it all to do over again, and was buying a fusion for the first time - I would be getting the bullet skin version right off the bat!

Thank you to Whites for listening and continuing to make improvements.
That's what I did! I'm new to DS diving and don't have any other DS experience to compare to Whites, but; it dives as easy and comfortable as my 5mm wetsuit. I want to thank all the divers who dived the earlier models/versions and gave the great feedback to Whites, along with Whites for listening. You folks made my first DS purchase a joy!
icon14.gif

I just dove the skin today on three dives - I am even more impressed than before with this one. :D

The pockets did not sag even with my normal load in there - the skin just fits more nicely overall. I REALLY love the new knee and elbow pads as well.

I received several comments on how nice others who have fusions thought the skin looked - they were certainly impressed with the overall look of the skin as well as the new pockets.

Very Pleased!

I’m glad this skin will be available because I am not overly optimistic that my Fusion Sport skin will last as long as I would like it to. After about a month of ownership and ten dives it is showing some wear where my shoulder blades are. Maybe it's rubbing against the BC. The Sport skin is thin and appears to be easy to damage, although I have not seen any reports of this being a problem.

If (due to it wearing out) I have to replace my sport skin in under 200 dives or so, then $500 will seem like a lot. Then again if my sport skin last like it should, I really don’t need a different one for my diving and the suit is nice to dive in.

Last edited:
Hey Gdon, if you would like give us a call about you Fusion Sport skin, it should not be wearing at the shoulder's and we will figure out what is happening for you, and get it fixed if need be.
Cheers Doug,

Just wanted to update on my initial review - did five dives this past weekend in the Bullet skin - Love it more now than before! Hands down better than the LE skin that preceeded it.

The overall construction simply feels more 'solid'
Pockets with the zippers and gatortech neoprene are FAR superior
knee and elbow pads are very nice

I really could not be more pleased :D

Dogfish and others
I seem to be having some problems with the size of my Fusion Tech. I am 5'10" and 176 lbs. Not any proportion irregularities like Yogi Bear or Longer legs than normal 32 inch pant. The LG/XL is extremely tight, especially over the shoulders. It pulls my entire body length from the heals to the shoulders and this is without my thermol under garment.

I purchased it hoping it would give me more freedom to do a shut down than my Bear NST crushed neoprene but this one won't let me arch and reach over my shoulder without binding at the crotch and pulling on my ankles. Even bending the knees in the frog kick pulls on my heals and crotch.

I cannot believe someone at the top of the LG/XL chart would even attempt to put this suit on over their shoulders.

Any suggestions.

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom