Funny video...the hazards of deco diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On our Red Sea trip, we had one trying to attach itself to the tank of one of our divers.

Curious, do they actually bite?

I hate remoras. They're like a parasite. Eeeech!

(I don't know if they bite. I've never been bitten by one, just used as a 'host'.)

On our Red Sea trip, we had one trying to attach itself to the tank of one of our divers.

Curious, do they actually bite?

i wouldn't say they bite, but they certainly nibble. He actually pulled my hair in the video bite and off camera he took several nibbles at Tony's fingers.

While autiting a tec course in utila, we had a monster 3 footer (we were hoping the whale shark or manta he just came off would show up as well)messing with us all through deco... When we got back on the boat, one of the students said something along the lines of "that baby shark was a pain in the a$$, but so cool!" I suggested that we start including a basic shark ID session in the tec 50 course...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom