Funny dive stories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the amusement of all diver present, I did once a giant stride from a dive boat with my mask still around my neck.

I saw a diver sit in shallow water to put his fins on because he had trouble reaching his feet any other way.

After his fins were on he rolled over onto his hands and knees...but now his head is under the water so he starts to strugle doing everything except anything that would help.

We had to run over and get him out.

Snowbear:
What is Vegimite?

Snowbear, you poor deprived child.

Vegimite is a salty black yeast based spread put on toast that makes New Zealanders the greatest Rugby players, sailors, divers and lovers in the world.

If Alaskans had Vegimite, the world would know that Texas is not the largest state in the union.

AbsolutWeezer6:
Vegimite is a vegtable yeast extract. It kind of looks like chocolate spread as was said in the previous post but it has a very very unique taste. Kind of salty and its just like regular condiment you would spread on bread or stuff like that. Its an Australian food, when I came over here to study at orientation they made one of the other americans eat a piece of bread with a nice big thick layer of it......he was rewarded with beer, but some of the other Americans I came with can't even look at it to this day with out getting sick. My diver instructor acctually threatened us with a spoon full of vegimite if we were screwing around durring the open water dives :11: .

Cheers
Vinny

This may sound wierd... but I kinda like Vegimite. =) On the same note, I would prefer Marmite to Vegimite. It tastes much better.

aquaoren:
To the amusement of all diver present, I did once a giant stride from a dive boat with my mask still around my neck.

I do that quite often... but on purpose. Its a convenient way to get the mask a quick wash for the saliva/shampoo/sea drops/whatever else was used.

Marmite is the Nectar of the Gods. Vegemite is a feeble Australian imitation
edwinh:
This may sound wierd... but I kinda like Vegimite. =) On the same note, I would prefer Marmite to Vegimite. It tastes much better.

Marmite is made from beef extracts. Vegimite is the vegetarian form of Marmite.

In the quarry that I did my open water dives, there is a large population of aggressive blue gills. The people that run the quarry, also sell fish food that comes in these little brown pellets (probably just dog food). It so happens that the mole on my cheek is the same size and color as the "fish food".

Any time that I was still, like at the platform watching other students do their skills, the fish would start to attack the mole. I couldn't figure out what was going on. For the first dive, the instructor spent most of the time trying to wave the fish away. During the surface interval (which allowed the bleeding to stop as well), the instructor told me that he was guessing the fish thought it was food.

For the second dive, I spent a majority of the time with one hand on my cheek to cover the mole. Any time that I had to do a skill, one of the DMs would swat the fish away.

The next day, I showed up with a neat little circular bandaid over the mole for the last two dives. This stopped the "fish attacks"; however, it did create a nice circular tan line on my cheek.

edwinh:

Marmite is made from beef extracts. Vegimite is the vegetarian form of Marmite.
Where does Marmite come from?
I'd be interested to try it :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom