Funny dive stories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not really an actual "dive story" per se, but funny nonetheless.
I went into a dive store looking for 'wetnotes.' This is my first time in this shop and as I'm looking over the various dive trinkets I ask the man behind the counter, "Do you have wetnotes?" He looks at me kind of strange, so I explain to him what they are. He looks relieved and says, "Oh, I thought you said 'do you have wet NUTS'" Like it was some kind of dive shop prank.
You might have had to be there! :06:
Robert

When i first started diving i couldnt wait to drop down under the water it was around my 15 th dive and i was feeling really confident so we all gave the ok and signaled to go down we dumped our air and went down i had forgot to put my reg in.

What is Vegimite?

There's no such thing. It's Vegemite. And it's a half-decent Aussie sandwich spread.

Vegemite - Home

Marmite, being British, is naturally far superior, but both languish in the shade of the true giant of the savoury spread world that is the mighty Bovril :signofcross:

Bovril UK

Oh, and just noticed that I answered a question from 2004! Better late than never, eh?:D

Holy Lazarus, Batman ... this thread was dormant for almost six years ...

I tried Vegemite in Indonesia a couple years ago ... I guess it's an acquired taste 'cuz I thought it tasted like :turd:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

while diving at dutch springs me and my buddies were going down along the line looking for the WW2 bomber. and bottom was all kicked up since it was late in the day and we had very little vis. i checked my depth and figured "were probably really close by now" right then i heard the sound of a muffled pain grunt, to look up and see my buddy taking the plane's propeller right where the sun dont shine...we were directly on top of the plan the whole time

Vegemite is the scum left on the bottom of a beer vat when they are brewing beer. Unless you were raised spreading it on bread like peanut butter, most people think it really tastes like crap. But I love anchovies on my pizza, so different strokes for different folks.

while diving at dutch springs me and my buddies were going down along the line looking for the WW2 bomber. and bottom was all kicked up since it was late in the day and we had very little vis. i checked my depth and figured "were probably really close by now" right then i heard the sound of a muffled pain grunt, to look up and see my buddy taking the plane's propeller right where the sun dont shine...we were directly on top of the plan the whole time

I'm a bit concerned about your use of the word, "taking."

:popcorn:

I was tagging along with a Deep class and towards the end of the dive at about 80 feet the instructor told the students to shoot their surface markers. Well, one guy in the class pulled out his reel and put air into the the surface marker without attaching it to the line. After it pulled him up about 10 feet he let it go and watched it rocket up, and then looked at the instructor with the "What now?" look. One of our other instructors was on the surface with a different class and kept it until we surfaced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom