Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Earlier in this thread - I couldn't find it to quote - a savvy diver asked an over-equipmented diver why he needed such a long hose. "Because it's TECH gear." Several times asked and that was the answer.

So, I'll bite . . . Why DO Tech divers need longer hoses?

Earlier in this thread - I couldn't find it to quote - a savvy diver asked an over-equipmented diver why he needed such a long hose. "Because it's TECH gear." Several times asked and that was the answer.

So, I'll bite . . . Why DO Tech divers need longer hoses?

It facilitates air sharing in the event of an emergency, especially when inside a cave or wreck. There are several threads currently discussing the merits of it for open water divers as well.

On the little island of Bunakan just off of Sulewesi Indonesia:

(first local dive guide) I want to come to the USA to study psychology so I can understand my western divers better.

(second local dive guide) With a mischievous grin. No, I want to come to the USA to study hypnosis so I can make these vacation divers do what I tell them to do without questioning me.

Kinda scary!

(second local dive guide) With a mischievous grin. No, I want to come to the USA to study hypnosis so I can make these vacation divers do what I tell them to do without questioning me.

Lord, what parent or teacher hasn't had that thought! :blinking:

Great thread. Still Chuckling!

From my own experience:

Went for my checkouts at Dutch Springs (local quarry) last weekend. I turned to the instructor, Rich, and asked

"Is there was a rinse tank at the entry point?".
He looked at me, serious as could be, and said,
"Yep, its the big wet thing next to the dock."

Duh!

took for ever to get though all the post but well worth it :D

while waiting in line at a dive shop in the florida keys the gal at the customer asked the people in front of us "whats your highest level of certificationi?"

They Replied jokingly... "underwater naturalist" it took the girl at the counter a second to realize the joke, but I was laughing.....

Nitrogen Narcossis is for Christmas, Oxygen Toxicity is for Life

NO HIJACKING! :no:

Hey, I'm sorry . . . I thought there was some joke attached, like "it compenstates for something else . . ." :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom