Fundies Food & Money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
"Learning requires a willingness to be bad at something for a while."

Willing,
Claudette

P.S. uh... how long is "a while"????
That my dear, will depend on how much we practice after the class.

Also willing,
Christian

Doc Intrepid:
Anything that will emerge from your nose while laughing should also be left home.

This is an important one during the lectures. I would suggest avoiding orange juice with pulp and carbonated drinks during the lectures.

Also, I find that spicy foods don't always work with the numerous ascent / descents during the in water portion of the class. Deco burps can hurt you and your buddy. :wink:

~ Jason

Brando is an excellent diver, and instructor. He's got a great sense of humor, no doubt you'll be in stitches during his lectures. Simply put, Brando is the kind of guy you want to be around.

headhunter:
We're having little caskets made for our former dive habits. :D

I'm really excited about this class with MHK and Brando. It's going to be lots of fun learning what we need to fix to increase our diving pleasure! This class is going to rock! (Even if we don't... for a while.)

...and so that I'm not accused of being off topic, I will come prepared with food bars and much Gatorade.

Christian

Randy43068:
Brando is an excellent diver, and instructor. He's got a great sense of humor, no doubt you'll be in stitches during his lectures. Simply put, Brando is the kind of guy you want to be around.
Cool! I'm sure that the whole thing will be a fantastic experience.

Christian

i'm excited for y'all taking it! best of luck!

headhunter:
Cool! I'm sure that the whole thing will be a fantastic experience.

Christian

I'm sure you will. From reading MHKs posts, I came to the conclusion that he's a class act, and very professional. Not only will you learn more about diving than you can imagine, it'll be fun, too.

There's a lot of bad press about people who adopt the DIR system, and for the life of me, I can't figure out where it comes from. However, I think a lot of the bad 'vibes' came from JI and the early WKPP attitudes. There are good, and bad folks in every group, but so far, all of the DIR people I met are willing to share what they know, and in general are a really good bunch of people both in and out of the water.

Now back to the food... You'll need some.. :) (for sake of keeping to the thread topic)

BabyDuck:
i'm excited for y'all taking it! best of luck!
Thanks! We'll need all the luck we can get.

....brownies...Claudette should bring some of her famous brownies. :14:

Christian

headhunter:
Thanks! We'll need all the luck we can get.

....brownies...Claudette should bring some of her famous brownies. :14:

Christian
brownies look like they have oregano in 'em, save a few for me. OK?

weeellll?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom