Fundies Food & Money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
I ain't sayin' nothin'!
...we're gonna promise immunity to TSandM and she's gonna sing like a stool pigeon giving us all the nasty low-down on your video clusters! :D

(Just relax and have fun! It actually IS fun...except for the humiliating parts...)

Sorry HH, forgot you were going too.

As a relatively new diver, I'm considering DIR-F before I have more bad habits to break. I'm not sold on the entire DIR concept but will cross that bridge when I get to it, am taking things piecemeal for now. I have to say that reports from F are highly informative and appreciated.

Not that everyone isn't finding enjoyment in watching you guys squirm but you are totally psyching yourselves out. Steve White is a great guy with a very positive and encouraging teaching style. He is not going to rip you to shreds and make you run around Seacrest 5 time with your underwear around your heads for doing something stupid. He will show you the what and why's of DIR. He will look over your gear and make suggestions on what to change and why. He will teach you techniques and skills you can practice to become a better buddy and a better diver. To your amazement, you will come to find that these drills that were once perceived as a lot of work, are actually fun and will probably bring more enjoyment and comfort to your diving.

For those of you with MHK, I have heard nothing but accolades but I do not know him personally. He may have as special underwater dunce cap and post your videos on this board for public scrutiny, I dunno.

Think about what you want to get out of the class. Write down all of the questions running through your heads right now. Once you are in class, they will ask you if you have any questions and everyone will look at each other and say, "uhhh...nope." Think of them as the math teacher that finally got you to understand algebra. Not the dean, waiting with the paddle.

yep. on the list for next year, with cavern & rescue. we'll see.

Dude! You are way too serious for this thread. I think you should be banned from SB for 3 days so you can think about your conduct and how to be a better SB poster. :D

Since it's the season, I think someome should take a sweet potato pie with rum sauce for a topping as fundies food.. food for fundies.

cbfin:
Not that everyone isn't finding enjoyment in watching you guys squirm but you are totally psyching yourselves out. Steve White is a great guy with a very positive and encouraging teaching style. He is not going to rip you to shreds and make you run around Seacrest 5 time with your underwear around your heads for doing something stupid. He will show you the what and why's of DIR. He will look over your gear and make suggestions on what to change and why. He will teach you techniques and skills you can practice to become a better buddy and a better diver. To your amazement, you will come to find that these drills that were once perceived as a lot of work, are actually fun and will probably bring more enjoyment and comfort to your diving.

For those of you with MHK, I have heard nothing but accolades but I do not know him personally. He may have as special underwater dunce cap and post your videos on this board for public scrutiny, I dunno.

Think about what you want to get out of the class. Write down all of the questions running through your heads right now. Once you are in class, they will ask you if you have any questions and everyone will look at each other and say, "uhhh...nope." Think of them as the math teacher that finally got you to understand algebra. Not the dean, waiting with the paddle.

Rick - I suggest a thermos full of hot tea, laced with cyanide.:D At least that's what your ego will want you to drink.:D :D

You know why DIR advocates the short, blunt knife? It's so you can't commit suicide during the fundies class!

OE2X:
Rick - I suggest a thermos full of hot tea, laced with cyanide.:D
Well, maybe I'll learn how to do a proper DIR post-dive review, like these three DIR'ers in this recently taken video clip:
VIDEO LINK

BTW, check out the washing-machine-like currents of the water.

Rolf :D

Randy43068:
Dude! You are way too serious for this thread. I think you should be banned from SB for 3 days so you can think about your conduct and how to be a better SB poster. :D QUOTE]

I think you're right. When you don't read all of the posts, I think you often lose the flow of the thread. I often read into things more than I should as well. I'll go rent some Dennis Leary and Louis Black stand-up this weekend and work on my witty sarcasm.

I can do better! Really!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom