Fundies Food & Money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
Steven White. Food/drink preferences unknown.

IIRC he said something to me or in my presence about how he quit processed foods awhile back.

I don't like straight-up sugar like donuts in the class, but cliff bars seem to be cheap carbohydrate energy that don't make me bounce and crash quite as hard. That and H2O works for me.

You'll probably be at cove 2 and for lunch you can always just get some fish + chips or whatever. I'd suggest avoiding thai on alki unless you've got time to deal with their molasses-slow service.

There's bubbles on alki across the street, too, that has espresso, bubble tea and thai sandwiches.

Get fresh DIR burgers (subway veggie delight) on the way from the classroom to the dive site. And double yes on something warm to drink in a thermos (but not coffee... you are wound up too tight as it is. :wink:)

mixdiver:
here are the dir rules for going out after you finish your class

Warning: Politically Incorrect
So, as you can see from these pretty basic examples, DIR is not just for diving. It's something you can use in all areas of your life.

Keep it real.
Mixdiver, I'm just trying to stop laughing long enough to look like I'm getting some work done....
Brilliant!! Totally Brilliant!! Needs to be developed into one of many appendices in the fundies workbook. You, TSandM, and RickI will rock the house!
Thanks,
Claudette

T minus 9 days to Fundy Launch.

Uncle Pug:
Get fresh DIR burgers (subway veggie delight) on the way from the classroom to the dive site. And double yes on something warm to drink in a thermos (but not coffee... you are wound up too tight as it is. :wink:)
Hm... I'm really likin' those Cove II fried oysters (except for the burping on the following dive). Does that count as processed food?

In my experience, fried oysters and a double dose of humility make for a rare case of indigestion.

TSandM:
In my experience, fried oysters and a double dose of humility make for a rare case of indigestion.
They also make for buoyancy control issues ... especially in a drysuit ... :eek:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

HBDiveGirl:
Mixdiver, I'm just trying to stop laughing long enough to look like I'm getting some work done....
Brilliant!! Totally Brilliant!! Needs to be developed into one of many appendices in the fundies workbook. You, TSandM, and RickI will rock the house!
Thanks,
Claudette

There are rules for everything else in fundies might as well have a few while having a good time after the class is over.

Hey you have to have a good laugh every now and then that is what makes life great.

HBDiveGirl:

You can do it, just relax and free your mind.... :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom