Fun at PK????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I missed some of you guys that came later on Saturday. The vis was shockingly bad. ;-0

astrl

Vis was bad, about 2 feet. It might've cleared below 55-60', but I doubt it (and I didn't bring my light, so got REALLY claustrophobic when I dipped down to 55' for a couple minutes).

There's actually quite a bit of interesting stuff at scuba point, and it's unfortunate the vis was that bad.

Overall, I had fun (but then, I'd only been out once this season, and was desperate to get wet).

jeff

He didn't say anything about injuries, so maybe the initial report of his getting stitches was wrong.

The general blow-by-blow of his adventure:

1) His buddy who was borrowing his smoker threw a rod somewhere down around Waco.

2) When JT2 went to rescue the smoker, a lady ran a red light and totalled his truck.

3) When he got back somebody had stole the prop off of his boat.

4) His wife's car suffered hail damage because the garage was being used to store a couple of Seadoo's.

5) He got within half an hour of PK when the truck he was borrowing's transmission went out.

And how was your weekend?

As far as planed trips go, this one started unraveling late Friday night. I wouldn’t call it a lost cause, as it was fun seeing and diving with new swampers this weekend. I now have some faces to put with names.

The vis at Scuba point was lame even by Texas standards, but the water was still wet. It was still a good trip as we brought everyone back in one piece.

Scubatexastony got a new deer hoof tattoo on his chest while feeding the local deer population. Don’t mess with Mother Nature.

I will be leaving for Florida this Friday to visit some relatives AND do some diving. Hope to get a dive on the Spiegel Grove while there.

Have fun and dive safe. It’s a zoo out there.

Sorry, Kathleen's camera isn't digital, but when we get them back, I'll see if I can't get them scanned and email them to you.
I may just get a scanner...I probably need one. I would like to post some of my Coz pix taken with my macro lens. My UW camera is not a digital either. That macro lens did wonders for my UW pictures. :)

I don't want to be morbid but JT's ordeal reminds me of last years aborted Memorial Weekend plans with TRUETEXAN and his fatal car wreck.

I haven't checked the registration dates but could JT be TT's reincarnation???

:shaking: :rolleyes:

Way back when, I did a check on True Texan's death ( or whoever it was that was killed when driving up to meet TexasMike...I believe it was TrueTexan). My digging could not find an obituary, but did find a wreck involving the real name of the guy (I don't remember his name anymore).

As I recall, the accident report was in the police blotter in a paper in a neighboring town, as the town the victim was from had no newspaper. That, or it was from the town where the accident occurred. (It's been a while so I'm rusty on the details).

The paper's report said that this particular person was involved in a 3 or 4 car (I don't remember which) accident, but nobody was taken to the hospital as a result of the wreck. I thought it was odd that someone died in a car wreck where nobody was injured enough to be taken to the hospital.

I kept a copy of the paper's report for a while, but eventually deleted it. After I got back from PK, I ran a search with TrueTexan's username to see if I could pull up the old clues that led me to the newspaper report so I could track it down again provided the newspaper had archived their old issues. My search results showed no matches for True Texan. I guess his membership was pulled. I need to run a search using keywords or something to see if I can find those old posts...and if I recall correctly, wasn't True Texan from the Wichita Falls area and isn't that where JT is from?

The similarities are many....

What a cool little diabolical mystery. Intrigue on the swamps!

I can't figure the motive, though. Heck, I know this world's full of weirdoes, I just don't get the why part. Maybe I lack enough imagination. Why would anyone waste their time on that kind of silliness?

Then again, have any of us ever dove with either of the suspects? Add the fact that it's a Memorial Day anniversary! The plot thickens - stay tuned for more. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom