Fun at PK????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, I wonder how much fun they are having at PK? We've been taking care of some family business and camping out and diving sure would have been more fun!

Saturday night....I bet they have some steaks and such on the pit, Brenda's baked beans are a hit and the lies/dive stories are flying!

Man.....sure wish we were there!!!

Cant speak for PK, but TL was pretty quiet today. ChrisPete and I went up there after he got off work and we practically had the place to ourselves. He and his g/f elected to camp out overnight and get a few more dives in tomorrow, and I just got home.

Gave me a chance to check out my new drysuit. Got two dives in, the first was just about 40 minutes max depth of 45', the second was strictly running some SAC rates max depth of 35' for approx 30 minutes.

Got a chance to meet Geekdiver too, he joined us for the first dive and he got to hang out and watch while the rest of us fiddled with equipment. Melissa was working on weighting issues, Chris was having regulator problems (torn mouthpiece and slight freeflow) and I was trying to figure out trim and bouyancy with borrowed tanks and the new drysuit.

Over all, a pretty good day at the lake!

Just got in From PK.

Had a good visit with TwoBit & daughter, Texass and Buddy Donnie, Rickhead, Catch22, ScubaTooth, Squinty Pete, Zagnut and Zagnette, Fetch, and Astrl. Guest appearances by 2 ducks and at least 10 deer.... I'll post a couple pics soon.

Viz at Scuba Point was the pits... 3 ft tops... JT didn't show...

See ya'll at TL tomorrow if you happen to come by... we'll have a "butt"load of bake beans! :D

tony & Bren

PK wasn't exactly what any of us had in mind. PK is definitely a "need a boat" lake. Still it was fun to see Tony, Twobit and the rest. Hand feeding the deer was kind of cool, too.

My buddy Donnie said there was a perch hanging round my head, but the only critter I saw was an albino crab. At least I think he was some kind of crab. The thing was all white and maybe an inch wide if you count his legs.

I met Twobit Texan out at CSSP today. What a world of deference. The vis was almost 20'. A wee bit cool once you got below 25' - about 66 degrees, but we were both dressed for the occasion. Twobit's breaking in a new Whites drysuit and I had my Goldcore 7/5.

The Bluegills, Cats and Bass were everywhere. Well you had to kind of look for the cats, but 3 of them were hangin with us at the end of our 2nd dive.

The place is really getting popular with the dive shop classes, but we didn't run into any muck storms. Well maybe a couple of mild clouds, but nothing serious.

We ended up sharing the table with a couple that went to the last Swamper's dinner in Arlington, so I guess it was almost a mini swamp meet. We also ran into the gal that opened SIS in Arlington. She asked me say Howdy to ya Ken. (Sorry, but names aint my strong suit)

Anyone heard from JT2? I PM'd him, but nada so far.

Texass once bubbled...
We ended up sharing the table with a couple that went to the last Swamper's dinner in Arlington, so I guess it was almost a mini swamp meet. We also ran into the gal that opened SIS in Arlington. She asked me say Howdy to ya Ken. (Sorry, but names aint my strong suit)

I'm guessing you shared the table with Kevin (Truckdiver) and Sheila (Smonster). I think I remember them sitting with you at the dinner.

As for the operator of Surface Interval Scuba, that's Debra Welch and her husband, Troy. They were doing an underwater poker run out at CSSP on Sunday. Sure wish I could have been out there with you guys. Maybe next time...

Well, I didn't make the dinner so what sick puppy was masquerading as me??? Could of been them, but those names don't seem right. He said they lived out in Trophy Club.

I didn't meet Troy, but Debra seemed like real good people. And yeah, they were playing some kind of navigation poker.

The folks we were sharing a table with was Janet and Mike (I think). They are friends of Tropigal and Mako.

Nice folks.

Had fun at CSSP.

Deirdre had a good time at PK. Thanks yall. It was good to see everyone again. :)

TwoBit

I would like to apologize for my lack of action at the PK trip. I tried to do it all on a couple hours sleep and barely was able to keep my head up at times so I lived up to my nickname and as you may have noticed squinted most of the time (or kept one eye open) I due that when exhausted this the nickname. Anyway Company was good Diving left something to be desired.

I was a bit dissapointed but hey C'est La Vie.

I think the fact that I met up with a friend in Dallas for the rest of Sat. and all of Sunday Revieved 2 dinners and got into Six Flags, all free from the afore mentioned friend, rounded off my weekend very well.

Getting to see familiar Swampdivers and meet new Swampdivers made the trip worthwhile.

Diving was at Scuba point. It looks like it could be an OK place to SCUBA if the vis would cooperate. That big ledge was pretty cool except for having to get within 18" of it to see it. It kind of hung out over the top of you in sort of a grotto-like fashion. I couldn't actually see it above. I could only tell where it blocked out the light. If the vis was better and there was some critters to go along with it, I think it would be a pretty cool dive. The only living thing I saw in the water was other divers. That sunken boat ( I believe that's what it was, it was pretty rusted out) made for some awfully jagged metal edges underwater I thought, which is probably not the best thing in such low vis, but slow deliberate movements made it not a problem....As far as SCUBA goes.. this place would make an excellent swimming hole. :wink:

I did really enjoy getting to see everyone. I'm combing through my Cabela's catalog for camping gear and next time I'll be equipped to camp with the gang. By the time we got there on Friday nite, we had to drive 25 miles more over to Minerall Wells to find a place to crash. It could have been worse though, Squinty Pete had to pull off the road and crash in a Whataburger parking lot...not a good nite's sleep.

Catch 22 had a good idea...we need to have a Swampdiver shindig in Cozumel sometime!..the vis is just a tad better. Natasha is a soon to be Swampdiver..maybe sometime she could help us commandier (spelling?) a jet to fit us all! :wink:

Anyhows, Kathleen and I enjoyed getting to see everyone, and hope to do it again sometime this summer. Maybe we'll have to throw another Lake Travis shindig so more of the southern swampers can make it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom