Ft Lweis diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flora

Reaction score
I will be up at Ft. Lewis this weekend and I would like to get some dives in. I don't really know the area. I have looked at NWR on base but there is nothing.

Would anyone like to take me diving? Maybe at American Lake or on the Sound somehwere.

Thanks
Heather

I can dive with you Saturday. The tides aren't real good this weekend, but there's a wall dive on Fox Island that's doable (about 45-60 minutes from Ft Lewis). The last two times there we saw a Giant Pacific octopus in a den. PM me if you're interested.

The dive shop on post is on the North Fort side not the main base side.
Great bunch of divers work there. You will be able to rent or buy the gear you need.

You could also dive Sunnyside in Steilicoom. Not far from Ft. Lewis.
Usually not current dependant. Find the pipeline and you will have tons of critters to keep you entertained.
Bathrooms and a rinse shower are available. You are required to pay for parking. Last I heard it was $5.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom