Frustration with Vyper Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't call #1 or #2 a user issue. It was bought at a store, it's not unreasonable to expect the store to be competant and do those things. Should probably have read the manual for #3, but at that point I can't fault a new diver in particular for just assuming the thing was a lemon.

I have to commend Traveler218 for step up to the plate and deciding not to be a victim. He thought about it, he's reading the manual and now he's a happy diver.
The battery was not made by suunto. Neither one of use know how long the store hade the computer or how many times it was turned on or how much back light was used. I take it you don't know how much current the computer draw when the back light is on I do know and it will drain the battery pretty quickly.
The shop should have water tested but as a user we can do test it as well.

I bought a new Vyper Air and the battery was low. Changed it out but it wasn't easy replacing the lid and o-ring. It was a very tight fit.

And my LDS wondered why I wanted a SPG as a backup. They said the whole idea of the wireless transmitter is to eliminate the hose.
Actually, for many, the whole idea is convenience. I like having wireless, I can check my pressure with a slight wrist rotation, I can download pressure data, and I still have a SPG during the dive.

Maybe your LDS should devote more time to their service procedures, and making sure they do something as simple as checking the battery status on a computer when they sell it, and less time giving advice like that.

Back
Top Bottom