Frustrated with Drysuit Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, now I've got a mission. I'm not real confident that I can find tolulene because I'm in korea and they don't have a home depot equivalent. Finding those products will be tough but it's worth a shot. The OS glue looks doable but I'd doubt it if they'll be able send me the glue overseas at an affordable price.

Thanks guys.

jiveturkey:
A rubber knee pad is coming off my shell drysuit. ....Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Go to any marine supply store like West Marine or Boater's World. 3M makes a product called "3M5200" There are two kinds "fast" and "regular" Buy a small tube of the "fast" in black. There is a warning on 3M's web site that says to never use this stuff on something you might want to take apart some day. It is a 100% polyurethane. It cures in 24 hours to semi-hard rubber-like. Just make sure the pars to be bonded are clean and dry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom