from monterey to cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hey everybody back in the cold water of monterey bay. I am a lifelong monterey resident that just got an opportunity to move to cancun mexico for a couple of years and i am down here loving it for the last 6 months.

so far i have done dives off of the cancun coast and off of cozumel. I would have to say that cozumel is one of the best dives I have ever done, which probably comes as a surprise to no one. The beach off of playa caracol right here in cancun is home to a huge moray eel and a good sized family of lobsters which are always a welcome sight.

right now i am looking to purchase a boat for diving as my home in cancun has a dock but all i have there are a couple of jet skis. as soon as i find a boat i will extend an open invitation to monterey area divers that want to visit mexico and do some diving BUT you will be expected to bring artichokes with you as they are quite difficult to get down here. anyone traveling to cancun, cozumel or playa del carmen please feel free to drop me an e mail at cancunmex6@hotmail.com or here on the board. i will post more info on my dive adventures here as they happen. have fun in those wetsuits monterey!!!

Have artichokes...will travel!
question 1) what type of work are you doing?
2) Are they hireing..??
Sounds really sweet, even a beach front home with Jet skis!?
Enjoy your stay-I know you will!
Be safe-Drew

I dive monterey/mendocino quite frequently and will be going to cancun in January with some friends. They are golfers (im not) so I was curious on how far it is to dive cozomel from cancun.

well thanx drewpy yes i am a pretty lucky dog.

I am currently working for sunset group at the royal sunset resort on the beach in cancun. we have a sister resort on the lagoon side of cancun and that is where our dive shop and yachts, boats, jet skis ect. are located. we are always hiring, think you can handle all the sun ?

playa del carmen is about a 40 minute ride from cancun and then the ferry ride over to cozumel is about 30 minutes. well worth the ride though, i did a dive at santa rosa wall over there and saw a huge moray eel. it was as big around as my leg and at least 5 or 6 feet. there are some good dives right here in cancun though, cave of the sleeping sharks, wreck dives, reefs, ect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom