Frogman drysuit first impression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still love my Frogman Tech. Looks like the day it came in. Still dry. So far 7 months, probably 40-50 dives in, many of them technical. I thought I had a water sipping somewhere near the back of neck seal. The ring seems to be ok, should investigate. Not enough to bother, tbh. Maybe just folded seal‍♂️ Or pinhole in the the silicone. Had a friend modify her Ursuit to make seams the same as my Frog (3 layers of Aquasure over termo tape) to the tune of something like $300. She's finally happy with her Ursuit. This is what I got from factory You don't see a lot of info because there are still few suits stateside. I think about 5 or so. The factory did have a major setback with Covid. Entire staff got sick and one guy even died They are in catch-up mode right now as they had no one to work for a while. Anyway, 7 months in, I'd buy the suit again.

Thanks for the comprehensive review Vlad, it’s not always you find this type of in-depth review on gear (at least objective ones at least)

I decided against Armor as I've heard some negative things about having a full kevlar suit.

I can think of some drawbacks, but could you elaborate a bit on what the main reasons were for you to not to go full-kevlar? I’m looking for a drysuit to take into the caves, so trying to figure out how much kevlar is too much kevlar.

Thanks for the comprehensive review Vlad, it’s not always you find this type of in-depth review on gear (at least objective ones at least)

I can think of some drawbacks, but could you elaborate a bit on what the main reasons were for you to not to go full-kevlar? I’m looking for a drysuit to take into the caves, so trying to figure out how much kevlar is too much kevlar.
Well, Kevlar is heavy, less flexible, takes longer to dry, suits are pretty stiff. I'd only go for it if I were squeezing through restrictions (cave and, especially , wrecks) all day every day. Most of failures are not from abrasion (except for super sensitive suits, like Santi e.Motion or Frogman Travel). So, I didn't find a need for it. You decide what works for you.

Well, Kevlar is heavy, less flexible, takes longer to dry, suits are pretty stiff. I'd only go for it if I were squeezing through restrictions (cave and, especially , wrecks) all day every day. Most of failures are not from abrasion (except for super sensitive suits, like Santi e.Motion or Frogman Travel). So, I didn't find a need for it. You decide what works for you.

Will do and will let you know! Thanks!

242700651_1791152071077261_306806285463000340_n.jpg

242691929_1791152091077259_907285085524757658_n.jpg

That looks nice!

Are you going to order a new one? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom