Frogman drysuit first impression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladodessit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This might be kinda longish. Disclaimer: I have no interest in the company, I paid for my suit and doing this review on my own initiative. THis might be longish.

Alright. once in a while I feel adventurous and take risks. So, what's the worst that could happen if I order a MTM drysuit from across the globe, never seeing it in person, only from reviews and photos? Right? Here it comes. I heard of the brand a while ago. Ocean Works was repairing a lof dry suits for many years and decided to start their manufacturing some time ago. I've heard the name on the web, photos looked good but that was it. When I started diving dry, I first got a used Waterproof suit and cheap undergarment from Ebay. Later I ordered and got Sea Skin Nova with thier undergarment. It's worked well with few problems, no big issues at all. But I stopped liking my old Waterproof and decided to get a new suit to use Sea Skin as a backup. I've used DUI FLX rental before when had my suit serviced, it was alright. I didn't like Ursuit workmanship. I didn't like how lower priced DUI looked and how they were made. Never dove them. Santi is Santi, never dove one, I'm sure it's great but I didn't think it was worth the money.

So, I remembered about Frogman. I found them again, asked what owners thought of it. There were few sceptical people. But most were happy with the suit. And I decided to pull the plug.

After back and forth on the Facebook messenger and e-mail, I placed an order for my MTM Frogman Tech. I decided against Armor as I've heard some negative things about having a full kevlar suit. I got QuickNeck and Slaggo for the seal systems. Apex high profile valve and a black base suit with khaki overlay and signature orange stitching. I didn't like their p-valve options (they had either Sitech Trigon or Ursuit equivalent of Halcyon but price was too high on it), so I opted to install it myself later. Placed the order on Nov. 17, 2020.

On Dec. 23 I got a message that the suit was ready. As far as I know (and according to them), this is the first Frogman in Americas, so, we had to figure out a good delivery option. We opted for EMS to the tune of $82 charge.

And I got my suit on Jan. 12. Less then 2 month for a MTM fully customized suit from order to delivery from Europe. Not bad, right?

Now I had this box at my door with a nice looking bag inside

PXL_20210113_022042361.jpg
PXL_20210113_022042361.jpg
PXL_20210113_022102294.jpg
PXL_20210113_022154599.jpg
]

Attention to details is great. The seams are glued, than taped like Ursuit, than they apply 2 layers of Aquasure over the entire tape. AFAIK, this is a unique technique. They look and feel very secure
PXL_20210113_022807534.jpg

I tried it on and I am very happy with the fit and feel. Sized is just the way I like it. The donning and doffing is very easy. it is hard to start the zipper because it's over the shoulder. But that makes it much easier to enter and exit. Next thin will be installing the p-valve and taking it for a spin. Soon. Cannot wait.
PXL_20210113_042309011~2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom