Friend Requests - latest status symbol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sort of back to topic: - What criteria do you use to decide whether to use the friend feature, and whether to accept or reject friend requests?

As for me, I'm a fossil. I'm not even on FaceBook,

When I first started getting friend requests on ScubaBoard, I rejected them because I didn't understand the concept – not sure I understand it to this day.

Eventually I accepted and requested some friendships from people I already knew outside of ScubaBoard.

Then I accepted some requests from people whose posts I liked.
But I rejected requests from those who tended to make smarmy posts, and from those who were obvious friend collectors.

Then I started initiating friendship requests to those for whom I had done favors, like providing pdfs of old Dacor repair manuals and the old PADI DM exams. Some accepted my requests, some did not.

How about you? What do you do? How do you decide?

I approve all of them too, unless the person has been very rude to me (i.e. married men looking for more than a dive buddy :dork2:).

Back
Top Bottom