Friend Requests - latest status symbol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So what's with the friend requests I'm getting recently from people I don't know and haven't really communicated with.
My first reaction was to feel flattered that maybe I was making some interesting posts and was attracting the attention of members with a similar point of view.
But when I check the profiles of the requesters - wow one has 2186 friends, another 1515!
So what am I?
Just another number to add to their collection.
No thanks guys.

I have never figured out what they're for. I just approve all of them.

I think that they think this is facebook in disguise!

....no thanks guys.

Can anybody help me retract a friend request? :rofl3: just kidding. I figure it is like this....they keep your friends close, and your enemies closer :D :hm: I wonder where I fit in there?

Just another number to add to their collection.

Wear this title with honor :thumb:

I have never figured out what they're for.
..snip..

Well I figure there should be something in common beyond an interest in diving.
Otherwise everyone on SB would just be friends with everyone else - with of course some obvious exceptions. :D

Well I figure there should be something in common beyond an interest in diving.
Otherwise everyone on SB would just be friends with everyone else - with of course some obvious exceptions. :D

Just having a little fun, nobody is forcing you to play the game.:wink:

Too bad though, this year everyone is getting a really bitchin' submarine for Christmas.

miketsp: Thanks for speaking up. I had just said WTF to myself, and ignored it. I thought refusing it was gratuitously ... unfriendly ... but I wondered why I'd been 'selected' by someone I'd had no interaction with. I can stop wondering now. Thanks for providing at least a little visibility into what's going on.

I do what Lynne does. I approve them all.

Some people are "collectors"

Some collect friend requests
Some collect "thanks"
The odd one (we know who) even collect "infractions" LOL

As a joke it's quaint but if you ask me, I think the whole "friend" and "thanks" thing can be misleading. If an unsuspecting noob came to Scubaboard they'd think ONESPEED was God's gift to diving! LOL.

R..

miketsp: Thanks for speaking up. I had just said WTF to myself, and ignored it. I thought refusing it was gratuitously ... unfriendly ... but I wondered why I'd been 'selected' by someone I'd had no interaction with. I can stop wondering now. Thanks for providing at least a little visibility into what's going on.

No sub for you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom