Friday Night Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep - I corrected my typo- so you only had 2 days to dive?
Yes unfortunately our flight was too late to make afternoon dive on the Friday and since flight was leaving abour 6pm Monday we only had afternoon dives on Sunday as our last chance.

This time we are getting early enough to make afternoon dives friday till afternoon dives monday so 3.5 days of trial!

Where we dive is not inportant to me. I was there in October and did not get to dive a single day because every day was a north wind.

My question should probably be rephrased to ask how often do east winds shut the whole park down.
I would have to say never, or nearly so. Maybe in a tropical storm?

28th or 29th that is.
Ok, just going down for a weekend is risky. My first trip to Coz was a weekend, and I was frustrated to learn the port was closed the first morning. Fortunately it opened so we got to dive a couple of days. If I had had your experience, I would have been leery about returning, as you seem to be. Nowadays I look at packing & humping gear as so much work that I won't do it for a weekend.

My last two trips the port was closed Saturday and Sunday, 10/28 -10/29 and 01/13 -01/14. That's what I get for saving money by not flying on the weekends.

My last two trips the port was closed Saturday and Sunday, 10/28 -10/29 and 01/13 -01/14. That's what I get for saving money by not flying on the weekends.
Plan weeklong trips. You're less likely to get blown out completely.

They were week long trips, October was 6 nights and this month was 8 nights. On 10/28 I did get one dive in before the port closed. We left the pier at 7:30 and were under water before they closed the port that morning.

They were week long trips, October was 6 nights and this month was 8 nights. On 10/28 I did get one dive in before the port closed. We left the pier at 7:30 and were under water before they closed the port that morning.
Ok, that helps, and you did dive the other days I guess. I've flown to the Bahamas to be blown out for half a liveaboard week, in the winter. Weather happens and all we can do directly is whine. Other activities help.

Not only that. Airline fares are a huge part of the expense of a trip; it doesn't make sense to me to spend all that money for just a couple of days on the island.

I never got the point of weekend trips, traveling is stressful plus getting up @5am is the pits. Probably different for you Texans though

Back
Top Bottom