Freshwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Did a little snorkelling this weekend in my lake and the water is so clear, about 15 - 20 ft. Water temps are in the 70s and 80s.

My tanks are getting hydro inspection so once I get them back I'll be diving. Anyone interested in joining me and Joe?

CT Divers... how about an afternoon dive?

Snorkelling I saw so many fish and a turtle too. It was awesome. The fish actually follow me around. Can't wait to dive it!

Well, the invite is there. The later it gets into the summer, the less clear the water will be.

With temps like that, I might have to leave the dry suit home. I would love to give your lake a dive.

Hmmmm..... a dive site only 10 minutes away with decent vis and warm water. How could we refuse.

Afternoons will probably work also,

Mike

Give a call when you want to stop by.

saltywater once bubbled...
With temps like that, I might have to leave the dry suit home.

How deep is it? I bet there is a nasty thermocline. You may still want that drysuit. Last July, Lake Champlain was 75 degrees on the surface and 46 at 60'. Lakes are deceiving.

ill definitely go, just let me know when, i live in East Windsor....dying to get wet.

so what is the thermocline like????...might be interested now

Hi, Shell.

I'd be interested. I've been wanting to do some freshwater, but nobody around here seems to want to go. Odd, because Spencer has so many freshwater lakes.

- eric

There is a definite thermocline at about 20 ft. I would definitely wear my 5 mm shorty. But I haven't explored the 55 ft. depths yet. There is also a dive platform at 20 ft and a VW Bug in there somewhere too.

I only dove it on overcast days in late summer last year and didn't go beyond 20 ft because it was so DARK. But now, early in the season, on a bright sunny day it should be great! I snorkeled it and dove down quite a ways and had great vis and the water is clean and clear.

It is spring fed so there are a lot of thermoclines but there also is some nice warm spots too.

And the best part, after the dive, the blender will soon render, that frozen concoction that helps me hang on...

Hey Shellbird!

When are you going to dive with us up here (Cape Ann)? You and Joe are always welcome to crash at my house, although it's still 45 minutes away from Cape Ann. We need to catch up with some Margheritas!

Also, Nubble Light is 1hr 15min away from my house and lately it's become my favorite dive site. Can't dive it on Sundays though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom