Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I show your post around please mate when I catch people dumping on FB maybe they're anti semantic

Fairly generic and standard, but my AL freedom contour plate (M) with a VDH 18# wing
Its rigged with an aluminum chest strap, OMS aluminum d-rings as well as apeks griplock cam bands.
A thing of beauty
Huge shoutout to @ManImCool for hooking up the VDH 18# and @thbcthomas for the plate!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 3.43.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 3.43.37 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 3.43.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 3.43.24 PM.png
    812.7 KB · Views: 40
Fairly generic and standard, but my AL freedom contour plate (M) with a VDH 18# wing
Its rigged with an aluminum chest strap, OMS aluminum d-rings as well as apeks griplock cam bands.
A thing of beauty
Huge shoutout to @ManImCool for hooking up the VDH 18# and @thbcthomas for the plate!
How do you like the self locking waist slots, pretty cool huh? No stainless keepers to cause dissimilar metal corrosion

How do you like the self locking waist slots, pretty cool huh? No stainless keepers to cause dissimilar metal corrosion
LOVE them! I like how it fits perfectly, every time - no adjusting or BS. Kind of wish there were holes drilled in it to attach the wing to the plate with plastic screws but I could probably add some if I really wanted to

Once you start making them I'm absolutely getting one for the gf. Until then she's getting my old Golem Stream

Just do it man just do it do it all

040.JPG

and make some weight plates

032.JPG

LOVE them! I like how it fits perfectly, every time - no adjusting or BS. Kind of wish there were holes drilled in it to attach the wing to the plate with plastic screws but I could probably add some if I really wanted to

Once you start making them I'm absolutely getting one for the gf. Until then she's getting my old Golem Stream
The whole idea is just simplicity. I used to put holes in them but holes means bolting stuff up, and sometimes it’s more than just book screws to hold on a wing. It could be some weird STA or the wrong bolts or who knows. The way it is with no holes means you just thread the wing on with cam bands and cinch it down, everything lines up, a little tug here and there maybe and you’re ready to go.
It’s the “KISS” principle.

The whole idea is just simplicity. I used to put holes in them but holes means bolting stuff up, and sometimes it’s more than just book screws to hold on a wing. It could be some weird STA or the wrong bolts or who knows. The way it is with no holes means you just thread the wing on with cam bands and cinch it down, everything lines up, a little tug here and there maybe and you’re ready to go.
It’s the “KISS” principle.
Makes sense! I'll keep it as-is then

and make some weight plates

View attachment 858122
This looks like an older design of the plates, no? The latest AL contour has 3 slots for the left/right hip webbing, right? @Eric Sedletzky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom