Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Eric Sedletzky, I just logged in and saw your message to me regarding the FP I ordered! Sorry for the delay, Ive been checking in every other week since October but must have checked just before you sent me the message. Ive sent a reply to your message. Thanks!
Hi Dash,
Take a look at the Freedom Plate informational thread I posted. There you can read about the options and pricing schedule.
Freedom Plate information bulletin: Please read

Eric are you still making the aluminum plates? Maybe I missed the pricing info.

@ams511 I bought a AL plate from Eric not too long ago. Medium shipped to Wisconsin was $143.00. I don’t remember the break down sorry. Hope this helps.

Eric are you still making the aluminum plates? Maybe I missed the pricing info.
No aluminums at this time.
The new aluminums (when the time comes) will be either laser cut or water jet cut and then I’ll do all the deburring and shaping. I don't have prices yet for the “new” run because I have no idea what they they’ll charge me yet. Aluminum pricing has been very unstable lately, all metal prices are unstable lately.
The hot item right now is medium size stainless. Aluminum is fairly low request.

No aluminums at this time.
The new aluminums (when the time comes) will be either laser cut or water jet cut and then I’ll do all the deburring and shaping. I don't have prices yet for the “new” run because I have no idea what they they’ll charge me yet. Aluminum pricing has been very unstable lately, all metal prices are unstable lately.
The hot item right now is medium size stainless. Aluminum is fairly low request.

Eric, I am disappointed. I have been saving up my empty beer cans for you to turn into a new backplate.

Two FP's in Curacao, one lite stainless and one aluminum, 18 dives, 22.5 hours underwater.

Attachments

• DSCI9087.jpeg
    DSCI9087.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCI9089.jpeg
    DSCI9089.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCI9220.jpeg
    DSCI9220.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCI9244.jpg
    DSCI9244.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCI9258.jpeg
    DSCI9258.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCI9274.jpeg
    DSCI9274.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCI9277.jpeg
    DSCI9277.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 323
Two FP's in Curacao, one lite stainless and one aluminum, 18 dives, 22.5 hours underwater.

As a BP newbie, but following along to learn, wont the two different web routing protocols in the same picture give some the twitches? :)
An the serious side, can you mention why each one was routed the way that it was? I have followed that double hose divers seem to favor the routing on the right. Just curious of your thoughts.

PS, amazing pictures as well!

As a BP newbie, but following along to learn, wont the two different web routing protocols in the same picture give some the twitches? :)
An the serious side, can you mention why each one was routed the way that it was? I have followed that double hose divers seem to favor the routing on the right. Just curious of your thoughts.

PS, amazing pictures as well!
Mine is one the right, I do dive double hose but still prefer to have the plate hug my back, I also use “T” bars rather than hog style.

Ha! I have mine rigged with the top like the one on the right and the bottom like the one on the left.

Eric has told me that the plate was intended for the top to be done like the one on the left. But, I confess I am still unclear why that is preferable to the top being like the one on the right.

Back
Top Bottom