Free flow at depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perpet1 once bubbled...
You all know this is an utterly useless thread but it has made me review regulator operation and dig way back to when I used to have to care about fluid dynamics......

to that I say THANKS to the ZenSquirrel for posing the question

:stooges:

My pleasure.

I honestly thought that somebody out there would just know the "correct" answer. The reason I posted the question was partly because I was curious and partly because I wanted to be better prepaired for what would happen if I did free flow at depth.

For the record, if my reg actually did free flow at depth my official plan would be to grab my buddy (I dive with a buddy which to me means being with your buddy at all times because s#!t does happen), get on their air, and ascend at a safe speed directly to the surface.

This thread also reminds me of when I took differential equations. The prof asked us this question, "You have two cups of water at 100 C. You put an ice cube in one cup, wait 3 minutes and put an ice cube in the other cup. After 30 minutes, which cup is cooler?" The class argued for 45 minutes before the prof told us that she didn't know either. If anybody starts discussing this temperature problem I think they should be banned from the board. :wink:

I'm seriously considering renting an extra tank to give it a shot.

I am actually going to take a spare pony out one of thes days to proove it for myself.

Once again, THANKS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom