Found video lights at Marineland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Miracle on Palos Verdes Drive South. Nick and Jeff (Psycho Solo Diver) took a 40 degree heading back from the point today. About halfway back to the cove Nick tapped Jeff's shoulder and pointed to the lights. Jeff carried it back to the parking lot, and was quick to point out that it was his excellent navigational skills and superior machismo that saved the day.
I traded a case of cold Budweiser for the lights. They thought it was a good deal. :)
Thanks again to Nick...and Jeff!

Last edited:
lol

this is an amazing recovery

I searched a long time yesterday in one foot vis and never expected to see them again. I'm thankful they took a shortcut over the sand.

Sweet:D Glad to hear they were recovered. How were the conditions today? Better?

Ah, Phil... I didn't understand fr9om the OP that YOU had lost them. A case of beer sounds like a sweet deal! Glad you got them back. A few years back I found my buddy's Spare Air in the dive park... two years after he lost it oin a dive with me.

I found a speargun once covered in biogrowth. I was going to leave it until my then wife grabbed it and brought it to the surface. She remember a friend of ours telling us that he lost his gun five years before. I found his name etched into the butt. He was quite surprised to get it back.

Sweet:D Glad to hear they were recovered. How were the conditions today? Better?
PSD said it was a little better. They had a murky ten feet at the statue, but worse on the way back in. It really is amazing they found the lights. They were in the sand about 50-100 feet outside the kelp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom