Found on eBay - DIY FFM - humor/horror/genius?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I open my pool (probably in the next 2 weeks) I'll slap something together and test it. In the meantime, a lightly modified Conshelf VI, some inner tube, and some yielded this:
View attachment 713832
It's ridiculous, but functional. I can confirm that this mask intakes to the upper portion, through mushroom valves into the lower portion, and exhausts "only" through 2 exhaust ports on either side of my chin. I put only in quotes, because the oral/nasal pocket seal is super crappy (alleviating Tridacna's concern about equalizing the upper half!). Purging the reg results in air blowing down the faceplate, and thence to the oral/nasal pocket.

It's extra stupid.... and I can't wait to open the pool and screw with it!
Which brand is that? I have the Ocean Reef Aria.

That image just reminded me of "Breaking Bad"....

When I open my pool (probably in the next 2 weeks) I'll slap something together and test it. In the meantime, a lightly modified Conshelf VI, some inner tube, and some yielded this:
View attachment 713832
It's ridiculous, but functional. I can confirm that this mask intakes to the upper portion, through mushroom valves into the lower portion, and exhausts "only" through 2 exhaust ports on either side of my chin. I put only in quotes, because the oral/nasal pocket seal is super crappy (alleviating Tridacna's concern about equalizing the upper half!). Purging the reg results in air blowing down the faceplate, and thence to the oral/nasal pocket.

It's extra stupid.... and I can't wait to open the pool and screw with it!
OK, it's July, I have to know how this worked!

OK, it's July, I have to know how this worked!
Sorry, life got in the way.... On further review, in addition to breathing like trash it will be prone to freeflow any time the head is tilted very far (jaw level exhaust valve above regulator). If there's still interest, I'll try to get to testing this weekend.

Sorry, life got in the way.... On further review, in addition to breathing like trash it will be prone to freeflow any time the head is tilted very far (jaw level exhaust valve above regulator). If there's still interest, I'll try to get to testing this weekend.
There's always interest in shallow water fails

Yeah, there is interest, just please survive to tell us how it went!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom