Found: My daughter is missing from Copperas Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carrie, have you contacted the other police departments? Killeen, Harker Heights? They could pass the picture to their patrols, as well.

I called. They said that as long as the was in the missing children database they would be identify her if she is in a car that is pulled over. They were not interested in distributing a photo to their patrols.

Not much better than mall guards. And you can tell em I said that. In fact a mall guard would probably jump at something like this and do whatever it took to find her. He'd probably scrutinize every kid he saw. Have you contacted the security offices at any local malls?

Carrie, I just posted the information and to our Christian Divers of Texas FB page. I'll also send out an alert directly through our membership database. We have divers all over Texas and other states. In addition, these folks are great "prayer warriors", and you and Ashley will be in our prayers. God bless you and we'll be praying for Ashley's safety.
Bill

Not much better than mall guards. And you can tell em I said that. In fact a mall guard would probably jump at something like this and do whatever it took to find her. He'd probably scrutinize every kid he saw. Have you contacted the security offices at any local malls?

When I was out posting fliers 2 days ago, one of the neighbors I talked to was a security guard at the mall. He took a flier with him to show to the security there.

See, better than the cops in Killeen and Harker Heights. How about if we all email them and ask em why mall cops are more interested in finding a missing 15 yr old than they are? Printing out photos would take what 30 min and then to hand em out during roll call between donuts another 10?

Jim, I have found that when a 15 y/o goes missing who has had problems in the past, the police are totally disinterested.
We live in Cedar Park, TX. My mother lives in Copperas Cove, about 50 miles away. I called the Copperas Cove police Monday night. They sent an officer to take a statement. In the middle of the night, the CCPD called me that they would not file a missing person report because we did not live there. I had to call our local police department to have them file the report with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Tuesday afternoon a Copperas Cove detective called me, but I don't think he really did anything. Tuesday afternoon me and a friend started to hang fliers in my mother's neighborhood and in stores. From the fliers the police received several calls that Ashley had been seen Monday afternoon in the parking lot of Lucky Convenience store talking to someone in a white truck.
Wens I went back to Copperas Cove. I started by talking to the detective. He told me that there is a drug problem in the apartments behind the convenience store. He had gone over there and knocked on some doors, but no one was home. He told me that there is nothing more he could do.
I went back to the neighborhood and knocked on doors and handed out fliers. I could not find anyone who had seen her.
Last night I was hanging out another 100 fliers in the neighborhood. I was taping them to utility poles and stop signs. A neighbor told me that she had an 8 y/o daughter who had possibly seen Ashley that morning. I called back to the police department to ask them to send an officer. The police dispatch was reluctant to send an officer. They finally sent someone because I was insistent.
The lead did not pan out, but I was told by the officer that I was breaking the law by hanging the fliers on utility poles. City council does not like fliers hung. He told me that I can be fined and they would be taking them down during the night.
OMG...not only are the police not helpful, they are hindering my own investigation. I did tell him that he could fine me, but I was going to continue doing what I needed to to.

Carrie,

Take or send some flyers down to the Kileen Harley Davidson dealership, and post them on the doors and such. Harley riders tend to check out the gals, and they get around a LOT.

Ask for a Harley Owners Group (HOG) rep, and see if s/he will send the notice out to members in the area. You can email it to him or her.

I live right on Terrace Drive and got one of her missing flyers on a lighting ploe on front of my house..IMO I don't think there's enough info on the flyer. I mean when i checked out the Copperas Cove paper they give good detail of what she was doing and what she was wearing, age, height, etc when she went missing...but the flyers don't do much but show her pic. Matter fact in the pic she looks older(around early 20's) then she really is. Sorry to bring it up but I'm just trying to let you know what the public in the area may think once they see the flyer.

But anyway, I am sorry she is missing...The area she went missing(the area I live in) is quiet and the people are good....BUT..there's a tight area (2-3 buildings) that I see in that area that ain't really friendly..there's SOME drug activity there but nothing crazy.
I hope your daughter is good and well somewhere, Me and my family will keep an eye out for her..as long as you have hope for her coming back to you..we will have hope.

God Bless....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom