Found camera Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, no way it floated west from the Turks, the stream would've scooped it up and gone north and we'd be hearing from a member in someplace like Scotland ! :D
I'm pretty confident that spot isn't in Cancun either (I've dived virtually every inch of Cancun, and Isla Mujeres), but could possibly be some less developed area further south, maybe around Puerto Morelos. Also, Progresso has turned into a bit of a tourist area,that could be a possibility.

The pictures on the camera were dated Nov 14, and the camera was found March 30...so that's about 140 days.

The original FB poster tells me that the photos are dated November 14, 2019. I can't imagine shooting 260 photos in one day, but the camera drifted to Texas in less than six months.
Less than five months....
I don't think we know what kind of camera it was, but I will often shoot 250-300 pix in a day. My max in the last few years was 372 in one day.

Your cameras have far greater batteries than mine.

I looked at the boat photos and the shore entry photo and shared them here with a long time DM/owner of an Op and we do not think it is Cozumel. It could be on the mainland side but I am not familiar with that area. The surface water entry photo showing the foliage sure reminds me of yucatan.

Knowing the make of the camera and SN can lead you to the owner via warranty registration. Also original files could be helpful with investigation, as it was mentioned prior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom