Found camera Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you point out specifically what you're looking at? From what little sea life I'm seeing (sgt majors, yellowtail snappers, the sponges), it all looks pretty Caribbean, to me.
Also, I took a look at that "POH" identified earlier, (nice find, BTW!), but it kinda looks a lot like it may be "Rob" instead of ROH ( the supposed "H" looking more like a small "b", to my eye.)

the drop off picture, coral looks too nice... maybe the tortugas...

Geotags would depend on the camera but yes it is possible.

I see that this was moved even tho there was already a thread in Lost & Found. I posted in the Cozumel forum as I think the camera probably originated there, and it was certainly getting more action there. I have requested it to be moved back.

...... I posted in the Cozumel forum as I think the camera probably originated there......

Not trying to be argumentative, just shooting the breeze, but what's your rationale for suspecting it came from Cozumel? None of that shore entry point looked at all familiar to me, nor has anyone else said they recognized it. I would think if those pics were taken in Cozumel, someone here probably would've recognized that area they were diving.

Not trying to be argumentative, just shooting the breeze, but what's your rationale for suspecting it came from Cozumel? None of that shore entry point looked at all familiar to me, nor has anyone else said they recognized it. I would think if those pics were taken in Cozumel, someone here probably would've recognized that area they were diving.
I could certainly be wrong. My rationale was mostly based on Cozumel being the last popular dive location on the gyre before it divides and heads to Florida and Texas. My memory of dive sites and shores is nothing to brag about.

Are there any Canadian territories in the Caribbean?

What is this on the right? Someone should be able to identify this??
upload_2020-4-22_17-52-16.jpeg

Are there any Canadian territories in the Caribbean?
Not really, but maybe Turks and Caicos someday!
But T&C are too far from the beach in Texas to be a plausible site for the camera being lost. The pictures on the camera were dated Nov 14, and the camera was found March 30...so that's about 140 days. T&C are about 1700 miles line-of-site from Corpus Christi, so even if the camera could have floated from T&C directly to its final resting place, it would have had to have had an average speed of 12 miles per day or half a mile per hour...which is too high to be plausible for the currents in that area, not to mention there are no currents going from T&C directly to Corpus. Cozumel is a more likely starting point....or Cancun.

The original FB poster tells me that the photos are dated November 14, 2019. I can't imagine shooting 260 photos in one day, but the camera drifted to Texas in less than six months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom