Found camera Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at the file name makes me believe the photos were taken October 22, 2018.

Could be wrong, this is assuming the camera had correct date and time in it at time of exposure.

Looking at the file name makes me believe the photos were taken October 22, 2018.

Could be wrong, this is assuming the camera had correct date and time in it at time of exposure.
I thought that the file names were added by Facebook.

A selfie I took Monday and added to FB downloads as 93990093_10158659627309009_150090389527724032_n so I don't think so.

I checked for the heck of it and there is nothing of any value left in the exif on the JPG's. It was a long shot as most software destroys any exif, but worth trying at least.

The original files should have the full EXIF. Different photo software can keep it or modify it or even strip it off.

The original files should have the full EXIF. Different photo software can keep it or modify it or even strip it off.
Might there even be geotags?

The water is too clear to be from local diving so it probably washed up after traveling the gyre from Mexico or beyond on the currents.
The pix are certainly not from the Texas gulf coast. :D

I don't think that coral is from the keys.

Can you point out specifically what you're looking at? From what little sea life I'm seeing (sgt majors, yellowtail snappers, the sponges), it all looks pretty Caribbean, to me.
Also, I took a look at that "POH" identified earlier, (nice find by Norwegian Cave Diver, BTW), but it kinda looks a lot like it may be "Rob" instead of ROH ( the supposed "H" looking more like a small "b", to my eye.)

Can you point out specifically what you're looking at? From what little sea life I'm seeing (sgt majors, yellowtail snappers, the sponges), it all looks pretty Caribbean, to me.
Also, I took a look at that "POH" identified earlier, (nice find, BTW!), but it kinda looks a lot like it may be "Rob" instead of ROH ( the supposed "H" looking more like a small "b", to my eye.)
ENHANCE! :D

Back
Top Bottom