Found Items, need background and context

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!

I am new to this forum, and have little to no scuba experience or expertise. I recently found some scuba gear that a landlord was getting rid of from an old tenant. It looks kind of old, and from the surrounding documents I would have to guess 1980s. I have attached some images.

What I would like to know is if any of this stuff has value, what it's called, and how I can set a reasonable price for selling it to a good home. or if some of it should just be tossed. I welcome all constructive comments and questions! Thank you in advance for your time and help.

The fins are generically useful. The regulator is a niche design that might appeal to collectors or hobbyists (Scubapro Air1).

Mostly 80's gear, nothing with much collector or user value. They are worth what ever you can get for them on Ebay.

Unfortunately, I can do little but repeat what others here said:
  • Compass and other misc items probably not worth anything. The light is garbage due to advances in LEDs.
  • Fins might be worth $30 or not. Those were great fins back in the day, and still are good fins, but are very common now.
  • The scubapro regulators (thing with hoses, gauges, & mouthpiece) could be worth a little or not much at all, and would be considered "vintage." My guess is just the cost of replacing all of the hoses alone would be more than whatever the regulators sell for, but you might as well list them because someone might find them valuable as a vintage item. If you do sell them, I'd list them as "for parts" and "as is."

you didn't hit the jackpot at all... interest from some is novelty, not much at all there, but interesting none the less...

Old NASDS Diver, interesting his c-card and DAN card are there. Curious what dives may be in the log book (assuming there is one in that "binder"). Scuba Time Calculator is the thing on the back of the gauges and in the notebook - a neat little device from back in the day. I had a light like that once.... Regs are old/discontinued/not overly valuable but some like that stuff.

Cool stuff, to be brutally honest with exception of the AIR 1 and maybe the Jets this stuff would be given away or thrown away.

See, and I like the old Scuba Time Calculator best of all the stuff...

The light looks trashed, the black reflector indicates it has been flooded.
On a little up side, the first stage is likely a MK-10 (maybe MK-5) , a pretty good reg, worth a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom