Forum admission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga James

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not sure how I ended up as gatekeeper for this forum, they asked and I said yes. It is stated that to join you have to provide credential numbers, tonnage and renewal date. You wouldn't believe the number of membership requests that say stuff like this"

"I am a Captain"

"I drive boats and want to see what is going on"

"I run a dive boat"

"USCG Masters, would love to talk to other Captains"

I always respond that the requirements are clearly stated. I would guess about 20% come back with their credentials. Most of the rest never respond.

I realize that everyone here would never expect any real level of privacy. But it is a nice thought to believe it is a forum of real Captains.

I guess the point of this post is to inform all the members I am doing what I can to keep it real, but also to let you know I don't spend very much time worrying about it. I am sure some trolls get past the screen. That being said, there really isn't much of interest going on here, we are all too busy doing what we do. If you have any input please let me know.

Thanks for your volunteer work, James. It seems like a reasonable gate to me, and not worrying over it a good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom